D&M Basics

Mapping discussions
Scooter

#11 Post by Scooter »

I know for a fact that the software does not suport hex code download through a USB cable. I do not know what happened with your bike but I know it did not down load the hex code. It might have failed and you did not notice it then you reloaded the map and it worked. When the bike gets turned off things do not fall out of the ecu. I lived with this software for over 10 years.

Scooter

jesshamner

#12 Post by jesshamner »

Scooter, you are the god of D&M. I believe everything you're saying. I will try again but I am 99% sure I have downloaded a hex code. Can you post an out of date hex code so I can try to download it to the bike? I will try it and I will report back...even if I am wrong.

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

I saw Wistech do it also.Maybe the adapter somehow converts?All I know is it can take forever and it isnt succesful many times.

Scooter

#14 Post by Scooter »

I do not have any out of date hex codes. There is nothing newer than the 4K and it is what you should be running. I think it is still available on the site if you do not have it. It is a hardware problem with the ECU not the cable.

Scooter

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Jess there is no need to use a different HEX since if the download works you will know for sure.Even tells you how many times HEX has been loaded.

jesshamner

#16 Post by jesshamner »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 10 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jess there is no need to use a different HEX since if the download works you will know for sure.Even tells you how many times HEX has been loaded.

Where does it tell you that the hex has been loaded? That has been 4 years ago since I loaded the hex so I don't remember much else about it.

67z400

#17 Post by 67z400 »

I am ready to start using my D&M kit. I have a older pentium 3 machine that has a serial port. I called optimum and they sent me a authorization code and eight digit code for the maint/diag serial. I am having problems making the software work now.

The manual states to open a securitycode.exe file to authorize the program, but my cd did not load this. My cd contained zip file the extracted a icon called DiagMain. When I open DiagMain I opened file/Change/Select ECU to load the authorization code and serial. Each time I load the information nothing happens when I hit the update license button. It just returns to the main program screen. If I hit any of the program buttons it wil say wrong password. Something is not right. Does anyone have suggestions?

jesshamner

#18 Post by jesshamner »

Scooter is the man! Give him a call. He's a super nice guy.

Happyboy

#19 Post by Happyboy »

It might be a version issue. There seemed to have been alot of version issues and I actually still have to register with my old version and then place the new version in the folder. Does it say which version you have? Also, I take it you actually did get the file out of the zip file and put it in its own folder somewhere?

Another thought, once you registered it did you actually go back into the select ecu menu and select the one you just registered? I don't think it automatically does that.

67z400

#20 Post by 67z400 »

I have version 2.0

When I unzipped the folder I placed the file on my desktop.

I tried selecting the ecu after I registered and all functions of the program still state wrong password.
Should I contact someone at Optimum?