D&M Basics

Mapping discussions
Happyboy

#21 Post by Happyboy »

pm me your info, ecu number and authorization code. Let me try it out on mine and see what happens.

Happyboy

#22 Post by Happyboy »

Yep, its a version issue. I have no idea why but you can register that code under version 1.1 but not 2.0. Once you register it with 1.1 then you can use the 2.0 app just fine.

Just download my zip file and it contains both versions inside it. Let me know if you have any problems.

the zip includes diagmain both versions as well as the hex loader and most recent hex code.

67z400

#23 Post by 67z400 »

I think I may have found out my problem. I don't have any issues with the authorization or selecting my ecu. When I go to select com 1 and retrieve faults it says "wrong password"

I contacted Optimum and they said the reason why I would get that message is if the D&M software trys to speak to ATK ECU. I have a cannondale so possibly my ECU is corrupted. Optimum said for me to ship them my ECU and they can evaluate and possibly reprogram the ECU to cannondale form.

Has anyone sent their ECU to optimum before? I hope they can fix it. I have been full of frustration trying to get the D&M kit to work.

Happyboy

#24 Post by Happyboy »

I thought you had tried a different ECU on there and it gave the same problem?

cannondale27

#25 Post by cannondale27 »

#1 Always copy,paste the pass key from Optimum to avoid errors
#2 Comm1 is used to select comm port not the ecu

This is where you select password and enter it and select ECU:
[attachment=9857:D_M1.jpg]
[attachment=9858:D_M.jpg]

67z400

#26 Post by 67z400 »

I have no problems adding and selecting my ECU. That process works just fine. C27 what you posted is exactly what I see. I have issues when I go to the next step to communicate with the ECU. On com 1 all command buttons give me "wrong password" error. Optimum says it's an error given when a Cannondale D&M kit attempts to talk to an ATK ECU.

Happy boy, I did try loading hex to another ECU with optimum loader. I could not get that to work with neither of the two ECUs. I couldn't do anything else with it because all the numbers are rubbed off the top of the spare ECU. This does intrigue me some. Possibly Scooter can explain why the hex wouldn't load.

Hopefully optimum can take care of me.

cannondale27

#27 Post by cannondale27 »

It also comes up if the wrong password is used.Many times it is just a issue with the wrong # or letter being entered.Copy Paste is best way to eliminate that possibility.Why do you keep mentioning comm1?

If all the numbers are rubbed off then how did you enter them into the D&M when adding a ECU?

It is possible to retrieve the numbers using Dealer cal which some of us have.Just say the word or I am sure Optimum will take care of it.

67z400

#28 Post by 67z400 »

The ECU with the rubbed off numbers is a spare. The communication that I am doing is with my stock ECU with all the number on it, which is how I received my authorization code from optimum. I did copy and paste the authorization code optimum gave me. Once I enter the code I am never asked again for an authorization code. I can then go to file and select my ECU. I use com port 1 because in my device manager my serial port is com port 1. But going through process of elimination I checked com port 2, 3, 4,...7. Each one of those ports states null port error 55.

I am confident that I am using the right password. Technical support at optimum stated the "wrong password" message that I am receiving is because my ECU is most likely corrupt (for some reason or another my ECU is carrying an ATK format). Does this make sense???

cannondale27

#29 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes that makes sense. Optimum should be able to change HEX.

67z400

#30 Post by 67z400 »

Great news! I finally accessed an ECU with the D&M cable. Jinx44 lent me one of his ECUs and I hooked it up to my quad, used diagmain and the cable to get faults. I received MIL lamp fault code. I'm happy that I got the software to work. I now know my stock ECU is bad. Thanks Richard!!!

Optimum is still looking for my ECU's problem. They now think somehow internally my ECU's 10 digit number does not match the number on the white sticker, hence the reason why I keep getting wrong password. They did verify my ECU is the cannondale format. There is definitely something corrupted in my ECU.

I'm pretty pumped to get the D&M kit to work! Thank you to everyone who helped me troubleshot my issues.