Looking for good map, Timbo stroked!

Mapping discussions
cannondale440

#1 Post by cannondale440 »

As the title suggests, I need a map for stroker crank, stock bore. Hmf can/stock header, k&n filter"stock airbox" and stock engine head. I would like it to be based off a moto map if possible. Thanks

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Moto map without porting you really only gained a couple foot pounds of torque. A slight flow change is probalbly all that will be required.

cannondale440

#3 Post by cannondale440 »

Alrighty, thanks for the info. Ive read great things about porting our heads over the years. Maybe sometime soon I can open it up a lil. smile.gif Surely it wont be the port job you trial+error pros can do to our heads but I'm sure I can improve it a little bit. I guess one question that comes to my mind now is, can I pull the head off without droping the engine? I totally forget as its been 2+ yrs since I've rebuilt the engine.

Edit: I posted for a map for the fact I have no idea what is currently in the ecm, just trying to be prepared to the fullest when I pull my baby out of the garage for some good mx riding. Also I would add its a open ecm tray if that matters. Thanks for the swift response Wistech and glad to see alot of the old dalers still hanging around. smile.gif Including C27,happyboy,kdeal......and many others. Sry if your name wasnt mentioned.

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

I have the exact same setup as you. I always run the x440s/speed map. The moto map just didn't have enough response for me.

cannondale440

#5 Post by cannondale440 »

After thinking about it I understand the pull the head off without dropping the engine was a stupid question. >< Pls give me a break its been ages since I've even thought about quads/ cannondales or even motorsports in general. Now playing catch up for the yrs I've missed and the machine I've forgotten.