werty

#11 Post by werty »

Any pics of where the o2 sensor goes?

kdeal

#12 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (werty @ Jun 25 2014, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any pics of where the o2 sensor goes?

Werty,

You have to drill a hole in the head pipe and weld on a threaded bung. From there the o2 sensor threads into the head pipe as a sensor for AFR. You will need a gauge or device to read the output via electrical wires on the sensor.

werty

#13 Post by werty »

QUOTE (kdeal @ 4, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Werty,

in the Iead pipe and weld on a threaded bung. From there the o2 sensor threads into the head pipe as a sensor for AFR. You will need a gauge or device to read the output via electrical wires on the sensor.

I got a kit coming, but where in the head pipe? Does it matter if it is before or after the split on the x440 and on the quad does it matter being close to the mufler?

Scooter

#14 Post by Scooter »

I have seen them back where the two pipes come together right before the muffler.

Scooter

kdeal

#15 Post by kdeal »

The sensor is the same size as a spark plug, so the joint where the two pipes come together is the best possible solution as you want the sensor as close to the head as possible.

werty

#16 Post by werty »

Thanks you guys ill get the bung welded in this weekend. I know I have a extra wire on the harness that said o2 on my old quad. Was cannodale about to add a sensor right before the close up?

kdeal

#17 Post by kdeal »

Yep. Werty, you should mount your pipe up to the quad or bike and make sure you have clearance for the sensor outside of the exhaust pipe. It would suck to weld the bung on and have it not fit the sensor's body to the frame.

werty

#18 Post by werty »

The quad is easy. The bike is no fun.

werty

#19 Post by werty »

Went with this system. Small and easy to pot. Thinking of putting it on the brake reservoir.

Happyboy

#20 Post by Happyboy »

Innovate used to have a tube that would go into the headpipe. I out an extension on it so it pulled air from deeper in the header. The Oh sensor went on it so you could read on bike without the bung on pipe. Worked pretty good.