Mapping for Fresh 460 and flowrate/offset woes

Mapping discussions
rope83

#1 Post by rope83 »

Hey guys....after a rough 5 month rebuild, I finally have the Dale back in running condition.

I am looking for a map to help take advantage of the high compression 460 kit Timbo Helped me out with.

Right now my current setup is:

Timbo 460 Kit with a 12.5:1 Compression Ratio (updated Balanced Crank)
Head has been Extrude Hone Port & Polished (Same set up as factory riders)
Cam Timing of Ex 108.5 & In 105.75
TC Pipe (Thomez Special)
Airbox Short Stack

I ride a little bit of Mixed MX and Woods so i know i might have to go with 2 different maps but just looking to get started.

Right now i am running a Zack Map 1 or 2 not sure which one because it has been so long.

the guidelines listed Harrymoto Page
I set my offset from 1.05 to .88 and my Flowrate from 2350 to 2500, I was not too confident that the offset is correct but i think i might have been able to go lower. As for the flowrate, i just kinda guesstimated a starting point. After looking at the exhaust valves i think i was just on the borderline to running too lean prior to the 460 kit so i am a little cautious.

I really appreciate your help so please let me know if there is anything info missing.

Thanks,
Rob

Scooter

#2 Post by Scooter »

Going up on the flow rate makes it leaner so if you were lean to begin with you are going even leaner.

Scooter

rope83

#3 Post by rope83 »

Yeah ...i kinda figured that out once i took the flowrate down to 2100 and it ran alot better. haha

The harry moto article can get a little confusing. I am trying to find a local Dyno that has some experience with a Cannondale and i have had no luck so far. Do you know of any in southwestern PA? I am located in New Stanton, PA but i will travel....

Thanks,
Rob

QUOTE (Scooter @ May 6 2010, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Going up on the flow rate makes it leaner so if you were lean to begin with you are going even leaner.

Scooter

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Just get ahold of Timbo he dyno tunes all the time and is in PA.