Remapping for an fmf quiet core? and a dyno near Bloomington MN?

Mapping discussions
m_mcgranahan

#1 Post by m_mcgranahan »

HI,

I am going to go practice at Millville MN next week and I believe they enforce a noise level, so I am likely going to have to use my quiet core in my fmf ti. Does anyone know what mapping changes I will be likely to need to make to for the QC?
(This is the single tube type quiet core that goes in behind the end cap. )

I am thinking I would like to go and dyno my quad again and I will be in Bloomington MN next Thursday-sat. Does anyone know of a god dynojet quad dyno in that area?

Thanks

God bless...

Mark

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

It takes about 15-20 percent less fuel from idle to 6000 rpm. No need to change top end . Power on top should be the same or even a bit more in some cases.

ronnoc47

#3 Post by ronnoc47 »

If you are going to go for the practice day before the atv national, they don't check for sound on the amatures. I was at the Walnut, Il national with my Ti and they didn't give me a second look. There were guys there running a lot louder pipes than me. I was also worried about sound so I brought my insert just incase. after talking to other riders who go to the Nationals, they said that they wouldn't check for sound and they were right. All that they care about is width and if your tether works.

joep1219

#4 Post by joep1219 »

only the pro's have to meet any kind of sound test. not even pro-am. i run a gutted ti setup that has been cut down... very loud! never had any problems other then silver lake. even then all you should have to do is rap the air filter with a thick hoody and you'll loose all kinds of sound.

m_mcgranahan

#5 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

Thanks for the help guys. Sounds good to me I'll probably just repack and bring the insert just in case. Anybody no of a good dyno up in that area or somewhere near Waterloo IA?

GOd bless...

Mark

m_mcgranahan

#6 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

I am still interested in dynoing my motor and getting the flow rate set right. ANyone know of a good atv dyno near Waterloo IA, or I could do it in Minneapolis MN next time we go visit my mother in law, any good ones up there?

thanks

God bless...
Mark