Replacing ATK hex with Dale hex

Mapping discussions
oldnbroken

#1 Post by oldnbroken »

Anyone have any tricks for changing an ATK hex to a Dale hex? I have a Dealer Cal setup that won't communicate with this '03 Cannibal. I get an "invalid password" message. When I use ECUDiag it will talk if I tell it that it's an ATK. The owner said that ATK did some updates a few years ago (I saw valve cover, impeller). He wasn't sure what else was done.

If I swap the ECU out of my quad into this guys' it communicates just fine with the CDale software. The only spare ECU that I have has the ATK hex.

I don't have the ATK version software so it would be easier to change it so that I could use the tools I have. If it comes to sending the ECU to Optima the owner will probably be happy with the way it runs now.

Thanks

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

There is no way I know of. ECU Diag stuff could convert maps but not HEX as far as I know. If you can get a authorization code for the ATK software I might be able get you the ATK ProCal. Worth calling them you never know.

oldnbroken

#3 Post by oldnbroken »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Aug 11 2010, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is no way I know of. ECU Diag stuff could convert maps but not HEX as far as I know. If you can get a authorization code for the ATK software I might be able get you the ATK ProCal. Worth calling them you never know.

I wish I had the ATK software, I could really mess things up with that much adjustability.

Scooter

#4 Post by Scooter »

They can be converted with the correct program. I had done that several times when I was there. I would call the guys at OPT and talk to Dale. Every thing should still be there on the bench to do that.

Scooter

oldnbroken

#5 Post by oldnbroken »

QUOTE (Scooter @ Aug 17 2010, 06:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They can be converted with the correct program. I had done that several times when I was there. I would call the guys at OPT and talk to Dale. Every thing should still be there on the bench to do that.

Scooter

Thanks, I got access to a computer with ATK DealerCal and things went great. I needed to do a throttle cal after putting the engine in it.