Don't know what map to use

Mapping discussions
cdalerider92

#1 Post by cdalerider92 »

Hello I have a pod filter from boomer and an fmf exhaust, and I was wondering if I should use the moto map or what map I should use.

Thanks,
Kodi

cdalerider92

#2 Post by cdalerider92 »

Also, do you have to get the diag software reauthorize everytime you have to switch computers because my old comp crapped out and had to get another one.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes to both of your questions.Dont worry Optimum wont charge you for that.Hold on I take that back.DealerCal is the only one PC specific so NO you dont have to get regular D&M reauthorized.

cdalerider92

#4 Post by cdalerider92 »

Alright thank you. I do have the DealerCal one, so I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow.

SlOoT

#5 Post by SlOoT »

There is also a map I found here, called orangecountyopen, or something like that. It's a MotoSpeed map with more fuel on top. It's made for podfilter and fmf ti exhaust.
I don't have it on this computer, but it is somewere on this forum.

EDIT: I found it again, it's in this topic: http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...showtopic=22259
2nd post from the bottom.

cdalerider92

#6 Post by cdalerider92 »

Hi again. I have been running the Orange County Open map that sloot had suggested and it works great while i'm riding, but the next time that I go to start it up it just blows flames out of the exhaust and won't start. When I pull the plug out it is completely black which I'm assuming means that it is running too rich and is fouling the plug. So my question is what to do to fix this. I was going to just adjust the flow rate and offset, but I don't want to mess anything up so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Thank you.

Canniboomer

#7 Post by Canniboomer »

QUOTE (cdalerider92 @ Aug 29 2010, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello I have a pod filter from boomer and an fmf exhaust, and I was wondering if I should use the moto map or what map I should use.

Thanks,
Kodi

Hmmn which FMF exhaust?...these guys would assume here that you mean the high flowing FMF titanium?(the Moto Ti)....but I recall that you once had the 1st- generation FMF for the FX400?,...the big 5" round FMF with the smaller header and plugged-up exit about 7/8"....is that the one you still use?
If so, and with a map also intended for a Cyclone?...which doses more air than my own intake......, then yes that Orange Cty map would be too rich.

cdalerider92

#8 Post by cdalerider92 »

Well I have your intake and I have a FMF Power Core IV exhaust that I took off of a raptor 660.

cdalerider92

#9 Post by cdalerider92 »

I am also now getting a "failed to unlock system 125" message when I try to receive cal from ecu. I have the quad on and I hit the start button. This has worked before earlier today even.

Canniboomer

#10 Post by Canniboomer »

Ah yep now I remember you changed to a custom mounted exhaust. But dang, now the famous 125 error -- that just means that the com port is OK, but it's still not talking -- from lack of enough voltage, a loose serial connection, or another issue. Maybe tomorrow will fare better, and an overall leaning of that map will work for you.