Status Lights

Mapping discussions
jesshamner

#1 Post by jesshamner »

Ok, so I'm way behind on the curve with some of the Cdale mods. I'm just not getting around to hooking up the status lights. I understand the diagram and how it actually hooks up. But where in line do you put the resistors? Near the plug, in the middle, or near the LEDs? I seems like it would be best if they were close to the plug so they aren't getting beat around. Does anyone have any pics of the process? There aren't many pics left on this site to look at. A video would be even better.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Are you mounting them in the hood Jess? These are the do it yourself kit I assume.
I would not do that again. Is a pain when removing hood and the wires or resistors would end up broke. Especially at the LED's. Figure out a mount for right on bars and pot it with epoxy.

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

I probably will put them somewhere on my key/kill plate. I liked the hood idea but I change plastic like I change underwear...once a week...wait...I mean once a day. Err, wait a minute. I change plastic too much is what I'm trying to say. It would be a pain to have the wire attached to the hood.

I actually bought all the parts to put it together.

haulinit

#4 Post by haulinit »

Whats required to build this and whats the advantage?

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

You don't have to build it. Canniboomer sells a kit. I just like to save a little money by doing it myself. Theres a document floating around here somewhere. I saw that someone is using bigger LEDs now.

haulinit

#6 Post by haulinit »

I did a search and was unable to find the document. Any idea how much canniboomer sells it for?

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

Here this will help. I just want it for the Temp Light but I thought I might as well wire the other 2 while I'm at it.

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...us+Lights\

haulinit

#8 Post by haulinit »

I might have to buy one from Boomer it might not be worth the head ache for that price. Thanks Sir. I would still be interested in a diagram if one can be found.

jesshamner

#9 Post by jesshamner »

haulinit

#10 Post by haulinit »

Thanks Sir! Which connector does this connect to?