Injector offset seems rich

Mapping discussions
cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

It isn't an issue till the D&M locks up and you have to start totally over. At that point you are replacing the whole map not just injector cals and throttle cals. If not willing or able to have a properly tuned map saved on your PC or better yet disc then avoid doing throttle cals, injector cals and anything where downloads to ecu are occurring because a failed download will happen eventually.

BlackToothGrin

#12 Post by BlackToothGrin »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ May 3 2011, 05:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It isnt a issue till the D&M locks up and you have to start totally over.At that point you are replacing the whole map not just injector cals and throttle cals.If not willing or able to have a properly tuned map saved on your PC or better yet disc then avoid doing throttle cals,injector cals and anything where downloads to ecu are occurring because a failed download will happen eventually.

Totally picking up what you're putting down. I was just curious.

Scooter

#13 Post by Scooter »

First off please bear with me as I broke my right hand monday and am learning to type with my left so things will be slow an probably misspelled. The ecu only has so much memory so the cal id is not sent to the ecu, only stuff that makes it run goes down the wire. I never trusted the cal id on a complete up load. If you can do a complete upload you still can't save it with D&M, you need to go to procal to get that function. If you know someone with procal you might send them your ecu an see if they can get an auth code so they can save it for you. Now the offset number is a time delay for the injector to go from fully closed to fully open. The number you see is in mille seconds so the larger the number the more time is added to the fuel shot. If it is rich at the bottom then that is what I would adjust. The fuel injector flow rate is how much fuel in grams per second the injector will flow when wide open. The whole fuel system is converted to a time function from these two numbers. if it is rich on the top then I would increase the flow rate number, that tells the ecu that it flows more than it thought so it will lean it out. I hope this all makes sense. They are right though, if you have a fuel flow problem then that needsto be fixed first as the system expects a 43 psi fuel pressure and it can't tell if it does or not. The idle should be set with the stepper motor/ iacv at 205 and 2200 rpm. The tps should be between 3.5% and 4%. There is one other number you need and that is a leak rate. This tells the ecu how much air leaks past the butterfly in a tps% so it takes that into account to report final tps. Let me know if that helps your understanding of the system. These guys here are the best at figuring things out if they have all of the info and you do exactly what they tell you.

Scooter

kdeal

#14 Post by kdeal »

Just a heads up to BlackToothGrin... Member Scooter above worked at Optimum for quite a few years and has worked on the system exclusively.

On my first reply above, I missed the fact that it started running that way lately. I'll bet that someone has a stock map in it with richened settings on the flow and offset numbers. You may want to hit up a dyno and at least get a base line if it's rich or lean any where in the map.

We usually do a test and tune session up north every year before the big Fall Group Ride in PA just after Labor Day. There will be several members there that can help you get your bike sorted out and dynoed if you want.