Map Suggestions?

Mapping discussions
who_gives_a6

#1 Post by who_gives_a6 »

E440 stock updated motor but does have ported head. Planning on some track and desert riding. Thinking an X440 style map setup for porting. Are there any bike maps out there for ported stock bore/stroke and stock cam timing?

Second is a quad. 450 stock stroke, ported head, widened throttle body, open intake, and 108/106 timing. Pump gas. Track riding mostly.

Third is same as the 450 above but also will have a Timbo stroked crank when back from him making it a 468 I believe.

I'm basically looking for an idea on parameters for the fuel and good proven maps. Do I need a lower rev limiter or is stock safe on these things for longevity?

who_gives_a6

#2 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Suggestions? From the sound of it the terminator map will work well as will the trinium setup in the quads. Figure ill just play with the settings I've seen throughout the forum here.

However, I'm still clueless on the bike setup. I figure it would need a custom map since it's ported, but can't seem to find any bike performance maps and worried about modding a stock map. Would a quad map be a bad idea or a try and see how I like it sort of thing? Bike will be going in the frame this weekend. If I move fast enough the 450 quad will have a powerplant come sunday evening as well.

311racer

#3 Post by 311racer »

I like the Terminator map for motocross. I wouldn't run pump gas in either of your motors, with them being ported and stroked!

Mike

who_gives_a6

#4 Post by who_gives_a6 »

I'm going to try out a few. Will be running a combo of VP110 and premium pump gas for around 100 octane. We have the VP110 at a local place pretty cheap and I use it with my wife's stock bike even, though not really necessary.

Boomer also sent me a map to try in the bike, but always open to any suggestions or advice.

who_gives_a6

#5 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Had a delay on bike but have one of the quads going. Runs and idles for a few seconds till dead, but need to gut disconnects first as it runs dry and stalls. That motor is the one I posted about out of time before. Fired up on third hit of the starter.

Can d&m run on windows 7? I downloaded drivers and it connects and recognizes the cable, but just says null port handle and failed to connect. I switched comm ports and played around with it and the laptop but no luck. Got authorization codes from Optimum and all is correct. None of the ecu's will connect though. Searched forums for ideas and tried eveything I read recommended and still get null port handle. So should I just buy a cheapo laptop or any ideas? Im using a usb to serial adapter recommended by Optimum. I got it to work on a Windows Vista computer last year so know the adapter works. Sold that computer though.

who_gives_a6

#6 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Got program working but not fully. I can connect to ecu and receive the cals but when I send a map it says "retrying checksum" and fails at about a quarter the way to half. Then locks up and doesn't move. Afterwards when reopening program it says the gps measurements are both at 5.0, flow rate at 20000, and offset at 29.71. And the fuel pump just primes and primes. Wont shut off without disconnecting battery or ecu.

I switched to another ecu and got the same result. I tried it on my bike to see if it was a wiring issue and same yet again. This program and cable worked last year, though on a different computer. Any ideas? Im at a loss here. Wanted to break it in on sunday but looking bleak right now with work all day saturday.

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

Those numbers come up when you put a new hex code in . Can you reload the hex and start over?

who_gives_a6

#8 Post by who_gives_a6 »

I'll have to find a computer to borrow for that. Have an adapter for the serial port connector so can't upload a new hex. I have the code so will try and locate a computer and give that a shot.