UGH D&M trouble

Mapping discussions
haulinit

#1 Post by haulinit »

I was trying to load a moto map into a friends cannibal tonight. To start my cable a optimum cable the green light is on as soon as you plug it into the plug on the quad, with the key on but as soon as you plug it into the serial port the light goes out but the first time I was able to get the faults. After that I tried loading the moto map but I keep getting the 125 error. I tried the cable on my dale and no light but was able to get the error faults to work. Now the other quad wont start or kick the fuel pump on. I'm confused and hoping I didnt brick the ecu some how.

Thanks
Shawn

claas900

#2 Post by claas900 »

I've never had the light problem, But I have forgot many times with working with other bikes to make sure I select there bike/ECU.

haulinit

#3 Post by haulinit »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Jul 8 2011, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never had the light problem, But I have forgot many times with working with other bikes to make sure I select there bike/ECU.

I did choose the correct ECU, the other bad thing is they are both my ECU's one was my spare, the one that came with the my friends quad was toast so I loaned it to him to see if that was the problem now I'm afraid I toasted my spare.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Check the pins in the cable maybe one pushed back.

haulinit

#5 Post by haulinit »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Jul 9 2011, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check the pins in the cable maybe one pushed back.

Tried it no luck.

haulinit

#6 Post by haulinit »

I ordered a USB to serial converter to see if by chance it is my old laptop that is causing the problems, it can be a bit buggy.

Scooter

#7 Post by Scooter »

It sounds to me like you have lost the hex in the ecu try to reload it then the map. Do not forget to hold down on the start button with the starter solinoide disconected while you are reloading the hex if you do not have a newer harness.

Scooter

kdeal

#8 Post by kdeal »

My hero! rolleyes.gif

haulinit

#9 Post by haulinit »

QUOTE (Scooter @ Jul 12 2011, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It sounds to me like you have lost the hex in the ecu try to reload it then the map. Do not forget to hold down on the start button with the starter solinoide disconected while you are reloading the hex if you do not have a newer harness.

Scooter

I cant get it to "talk" now I keep getting the 125 error.

Scooter

#10 Post by Scooter »

When they will not talk it sometimes is that they have lost the hex and the ecu does not know what you are trying to do. That is why you have to force the power on and force feed the hex to it. Did you try that yet?

Scooter