Bike Maps

Mapping discussions
who_gives_a6

#1 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Finally went on a full ride after complete E440 rebuild. Has stock stroke and bore with a ported head and gutted disconnects. Stock airbox, cam timing, exhaust, etc, but fully updated. Currently using a map setup for a 450 stroker for more mid to top end. Starts beautifully hot or cold but runs like a two stroke. Seems to lack on the low end and just doesn't have power till the revs get built up. If I keep it revving high and close to redline it has gobbs of power and can clear jumps great. Just lugging around it feels weak.

Does anyone have any maps that may be a little more broad or just another possibility to try? Figure the ported head knocks out stock map usability. Mostly gonna be riding tracks with some desert and offroading. Plug looks great and seems to be running great, so no problem, just need a different map.

On a side note: on the two wheeled side of things, coming from a kx450f, the E440 is so much smoother to ride and much more forgiving. And the look at the track with the hundred plus stares was classic. A little heavy but still a great ride and fun as can be. Definitely happy with the switch from the Kawi to CDale.

who_gives_a6

#2 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Anyone? Can quad maps be used or is that a bad idea?

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Quad maps work fine. You just get a code for fan not being hooked up. What porting do you have? What the heck is a 450 stroker map? I have maps for head porting ,cam timing ,fuel injector choice and exhaust.

who_gives_a6

#4 Post by who_gives_a6 »

It was a map Boomer sent me. Called Top Fueler or something like that. Setup for a 450 stroked engine. Works well when fuel is decreased on it. May try playing around this week with a few maps then.

As for porting: I can't really say. I've bought four ported heads. Three were supposedly Timbo ones and one was unknown. But none of them are done the same at all. I put the unknown one on this bike. Compared to a stock head they're all vastly different. This one had material removed from the dome area around valves, removed material and polished exhaust ports, and a lot of material removed from the intakes and also polished.

One of the claimed Timbo heads is almost the same but less material was taken from exhaust ports. Another Timbo claimed head has no material removed from the dome area. And the last one has a more rough feeling one the intakes and the most removed material. Not sure what all I've got, lol.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

If its a timbo or mine the intake should be opened up to for a larger throttle body. Were the valves heads cut down smaller or were they stock?

who_gives_a6

#6 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Two have wider intakes and came with bored throttle bodies. The other two don't. All valves heads appeared the same as stock but didn't measure to be sure. Looked the same by eye.

Is there anything to gain on these machines by having the dome area machined down around the valves? I've never messed with small engines but know the affects on car engines. Didn't know if that was a good mod or something just done for testing.