Search Map for cold and wet Region

Mapping discussions
Dalex

#1 Post by Dalex »

Hi Cannondalers..

my Problem.. i live in Germany Bavaria! At this time its very cold and wet air.

My Cannibal needs a other map. In Summer its ok, but at the winter its.. sh**
I must 10-15mins warm up my Quad. Then it drives perfectly.
If its cold, the Quad going out and i must start again.

Can anyone help me?

Sorry for my bad english smile.gif

Greetz Alex

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

If your hoses are warm to touch and if D&M shows it has finished closing then your IACV should be closed.No air leaking through.I suspect it is not.

speedracer

#3 Post by speedracer »

Remove your relay.Located on the ECU tray.

Canniboomer

#4 Post by Canniboomer »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Nov 20 2011, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remove your relay.Located on the ECU tray.

I would agree that the Map is probably not the cause of your problem.

But you should not need to actually remove the Main Power Relay,... and Cannondale specifically warned against doing that (in a Tech Bulletin).
Instead, you can shift the location of the relay so you can insulate it from the cold.
For any machines with a Direct Intake, it's easy to just raise up the relay and wrap it up, cozy and warm -- to prevent cold-weather problems from the relay.
Or for machines with the stock air filter setup, there should still be a way to shift and insulate the relay pod much better.

Also consider to just replace the IACV electric choke,....after all these years. That unit can be a problem with age.... some units are more noisy than others, and some generate more heat -- the IACV is still active when the machine turns off, up until when the ECU powers off. During that time, you can feel for excessive heat, or you may hear some twitchy noises from the IACV pod.

All misc parts are in stock if you should need something sent over there. Good luck.

rayspeed

#5 Post by rayspeed »

What weight oil are you running? If it is that cold maybe a 5 or 0w 40 might be in order. Also it might not hurt to put a space heater blowing directly on the crank case if possible to warm the battery also.