Need some richening guidance

Mapping discussions
Speedy2222

#1 Post by Speedy2222 »

I'm still trying to work all of the kinks of of this blaze i bought last year and one of the last things that i still need to do is richen the bike a little bit. It's a stock 432 motor with HMF full system & pod filter setup on throttlebody. I know not having the airbox in there has to be leaning it out. My goal is to put it back in there but the guy that did my motor decided to not give me the bolts to bolt the 2 halves together, nor an air filter, and i have a dune trip this next week.

So with that being said i need to fatten this thing up some and have been trying to figure out what i need to adjust but i am just in the dark with where to go.

rayspeed

#2 Post by rayspeed »

If you can let us know your settings now we can maybe give you an idea how much to go... yes if they are stock looking flow rates and offsets you are probably lean but not by that much unless it is popping on decel or you have to have the idle screw quite a ways in and the idle speed up to keep from stalling.
Lower numbers on flow rate richen it up and higher numbers on the offset richen it at idle.
2450-2600 flow rates are generally stock... 2200 to 2400 flow rates are about where I would expect your set up to be.
.7- 1.0 offsets are about stock and you might be better off with 1.2 to no more than 1.5

Speedy2222

#3 Post by Speedy2222 »

Let me boot my laptop and see but i know for sure it wasn't popping on decel, but it did have problems with stalling, but i think that may have been partially a clutch issue too.

edit: well that was a bust, didn't save anything! I'll load it onto my laptop tomorrow and get some data. I do know my throttle pos is .29/4.30 lol but that's it.