Dyno in N.C.?

Mapping discussions
Catmochanic

#1 Post by Catmochanic »

Hey guys, I live in Raleigh, N.C. and I am looking for a dyno. My Cannibal is still new (5.5 hrs) and it's a learning experience for me as well. I have been hesitant to ride it until it is "dialed in". It is still 432cc with all the engine updates done, the vent line update, and the head, and throttle body have been ported by Timbo. It has the shorter dirtbike air horn, toaster exhaust, and stock intake. It seems to run pretty good, just don't want to take any chances if the AFR is off? Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated. If I could meet up with anybody that could help while on the dyno, that would be awesome. I do have a D&M kit also. Thanks in advance, Kevin.

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

Can you find anyone with a 02 sniffer?

Catmochanic

#3 Post by Catmochanic »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Oct 17 2012, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you find anyone with a 02 sniffer?

Maybe? Are you talking about somebody with a dyno, or just one in general? I was thinking about getting a AFR setup, just figured the money would be better spent on the dyno?

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Dyno makes it much easier as you just sit there and make the runs. I have an O2 sensor system you can tune with but its not as good as a dyno. I believe there is one here in Charlotte somewhere, but i havne't looked around too much. Tuneing is easy and I will be glad to help if you are anywhere near me when the time comes.

Catmochanic

#5 Post by Catmochanic »

I appreciate the offer Happyboy, might have to take you up on it in the near future? Anybody have suggestions on preparation for a dyno? Should I get rid of the the quick-connect fuel fittings? Do they use an exhaust sniffer in the muffler, or will I need to install a port in the header pipe? Guess that might vary depending on the shop?

haulinit

#6 Post by haulinit »

Cat, I believe we have to do something with the coil wires so they can pick up the coil signal on the dyno since we are coil on plug. Take the plastics off and the nerf bars if you have them and try and find some flat track tires or some really bald rear knobby tires. The "Sniffer" is usually a copper tube or something similar that they insert down your slip on, so remove the screen in the end of the exhaust if there is one.

I hope somebody knows what to do with the wires to get the signal as I will need to know sometime in the near future my self.

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

The wires going to the coil actually hang down just a little on the right side of the motor. They can put a pick up sensor on them no problem.