478 with Dual Exhaust

Mapping discussions
cdsracer

#11 Post by cdsracer »

Sounds like it runs fast! I have a pair of 478's and a 460 and converted them all over to Harley or Edelbrock injectors several years ago. The stock injectors become inconsistent when they approach ~ 50hp+ in my experience. I have some nice maps for them I could send over if you went with larger injectors. I hope you are able to dyno tune it...have fun!

riverat1540

#12 Post by riverat1540 »

Thanks for the replies

wistech

#13 Post by wistech »

Just a reminder of the cost of running lean on the top end with dual exhaust. I highly recomend getting a afr meter. This is from the HOD thread . A 478 that was tuned perfect for a fmf open exhaust but not retuned for the duals. It went into meltdown tacking the rev limiter on a circle track .

riverat1540

#14 Post by riverat1540 »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Mar 21 2014, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a reminder of the cost of running lean on the top end with dual exhaust. I highly recomend getting a afr meter. This is from the HOD thread . A 478 that was tuned perfect for a fmf open exhaust but not retuned for the duals. It went into meltdown tacking the rev limiter on a circle track .

This is my worry John, I don't want this thing to burn up on me, any recommendations on injectors, the CP 98mm 2.2piston/sleeve I bought, I'm not sure what comp. ratio it is? Is there a way to tell or do I just have to keep trying to call Tim to find out, it's not domed but flat like the stocker

who_gives_a6

#15 Post by who_gives_a6 »

This has me thinking. What's a good injector to buy to use for something like this? Also, do you need to use a custom map with different injectors? I'm all game for switching if I can help in protecting the engine.

m_mcgranahan

#16 Post by m_mcgranahan »

QUOTE (who_gives_a6 @ Mar 21 2014, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This has me thinking. What's a good injector to buy to use for something like this? Also, do you need to use a custom map with different injectors? I'm all game for switching if I can help in protecting the engine.

I used a set of Harley injectors to try ethanol (Needs a huge flow to get the mix right so needed bigger ones.) Timbo has a map that is close for harley injectors on pump gas and another one for e85.

God bless...
mark