My New Mapping Issues

Mapping discussions
bigfoot17

#1 Post by bigfoot17 »

Since my remap from X440 to E440, I haven't had a chance to ride, but I have started it a few times. The bike seems more hesitant to fire up right away and the idle "hunts" until it is warm.
With the X440 map,it did not do that. It doesn't seem to be a big problem,just not sure.

rayspeed

#2 Post by rayspeed »

The idle and start up should not change much with a map change... make sure you did not forget to put the check marks on the flow rate and offset numbers from your machine specific settings instead of what the map automatically populates which tend to be very lean before you send it.

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

Maps can be designed different from map to map. I will compare the two maps that you used and see if there is any differences down low.

bigfoot17

#4 Post by bigfoot17 »

We did the E440 map to lighten up the hit off idle. Now I am worried that we forgot to check the boxes as rayspeed mentioned. If that is the case,I am not close to anyone with a D&M. The exhaust is super hot at the head. I don't remember that happening.
Not sure if I should ride next weekend or not.

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

I'm pretty sure they were checked but I may not have been present on the last time. It may be a bit lean on startup and the ecu will be in "choke" mode for the first couple of minutes until the bike is warm. You're probably hearing it toggling the "choke" on and off. This would also explain the glowing header.

bigfoot17

#6 Post by bigfoot17 »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Sep 15 2013, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure they were checked but I may not have been present on the last time. It may be a bit lean on startup and the ecu will be in "choke" mode for the first couple of minutes until the bike is warm. You're probably hearing it toggling the "choke" on and off. This would also explain the glowing header.

Jess;
Is that a bad thing or can I ride it until the next Majestic ride?

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

I don't believe it would be so lean it would hurt anything. As it gets colder it's going to be harder to start. I thought someone in your neck of the woods had a the dealer cal. Hopefully someone can chime in.

bigfoot17

#8 Post by bigfoot17 »

That would be nice.
Anyone out there? I am 60 miles west of Chicago.

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (bigfoot17 @ Sep 15 2013, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would be nice.
Anyone out there? I am 60 miles west of Chicago.

Well I'm in Miami..... Time for a road trip, I have Swiss rolls! LOL

bigfoot17

#10 Post by bigfoot17 »

Tempting