My New Mapping Issues

Mapping discussions
speedracer

#11 Post by speedracer »

You can always pull your ECU and throttlebody and send it to someone with a D&M that can adjust it for you.

bigfoot17

#12 Post by bigfoot17 »

I would rather drive to a place for the fix and a chance to ride it on the spot. Just in case it needs adjustments.

exotic rider

#13 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (bigfoot17 @ Sep 16 2013, 03:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would rather drive to a place for the fix and a chance to ride it on the spot. Just in case it needs adjustments.

I too have a glowing red header when my bike is warming up, once I figure out what is wrong with my fuel pump I would really like to have the ecu calibrated.

Scooter

#14 Post by Scooter »

The glowing header is no big deal as you will only really notice it at night. The header is so thin it does not take much to get it to glow, the YZ450F that I raced flat track on glowed worse than yours did that night. The proper values were checked in your bike and we did a throttle cal that was very close to what you had in it already. You can ride it as they have to be so lean to hurt anything that they are no fun to ride. I would turn the idle up just a small bit to see if that helps starting. The choke mechanism is not an off or on system, it is progressive with engine temp and will stay active till the motor gets to 150 deg. I would suggest ride it and see how it works and report back. I am sure we can find someone close enough to help you sort out any small problems or send off the ecu to get the map tweaked. It is not a big deal.

Scooter

bigfoot17

#15 Post by bigfoot17 »

QUOTE (Scooter @ Sep 16 2013, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The glowing header is no big deal as you will only really notice it at night. The header is so thin it does not take much to get it to glow, the YZ450F that I raced flat track on glowed worse than yours did that night. The proper values were checked in your bike and we did a throttle cal that was very close to what you had in it already. You can ride it as they have to be so lean to hurt anything that they are no fun to ride. I would turn the idle up just a small bit to see if that helps starting. The choke mechanism is not an off or on system, it is progressive with engine temp and will stay active till the motor gets to 150 deg. I would suggest ride it and see how it works and report back. I am sure we can find someone close enough to help you sort out any small problems or send off the ecu to get the map tweaked. It is not a big deal.

Scooter

Thanks Scooter;
I will ride it this weekend. My biggest concern was the hunting for idle when cold.It ran good once warm.
Mark

jesshamner

#16 Post by jesshamner »

Yeah don't worry about that. Like Scooter and I said, it's just the "choke mode."

bigfoot17

#17 Post by bigfoot17 »

Just got back from riding in Wisconsin. Bike ran great after warm,I performed up to par.
Still is slow to fire up and revs up and down until warm. I had turned the idle up , but it makes no difference in starting.It does act like a cruise control though and the bike will idle at about 5mph.

bigfoot17

#18 Post by bigfoot17 »

Hi,Guys. Spring is here?
Just thought I'd update the starting ordeal. I went out today and thought I would see how the old Dale was doing since fall. Took a few grunts but fired right up. Idle still pulsates,but once it was warm,It idled normal.
I have been busy every weekend and most week nights working on a rental house we bought. Hope to get out at least by late June.

bigfoot17

#19 Post by bigfoot17 »

QUOTE (Scooter @ Sep 16 2013, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Scooter

Scooter'
Do you remember what map you used ? I was thinking of using that as a starter for my other bike.
I remember that you said it was an enduro style.

Scooter

#20 Post by Scooter »

I put in the E440 map, it is the 2003 enduro map.

Scooter