Calibration Error 125

Mapping discussions
Scooter

#11 Post by Scooter »

The early versions of D&M did not have the code download option. I thought we updated all of those but you must have slipped through. Where are you located? I am sure there is someone close that has what you need. You can send it to me and I will try to fix it for you or I am sure there are people that would do the same.

Scooter

dkdoug08

#12 Post by dkdoug08 »

I am in the North Texas, (Denton/Lewisville) area. I wonder if I could find a newer copy of the program, or the "Optimum Downloader" file it cant find. As this is supposedly the "dealer only" program, how did they do it?

Scooter

#13 Post by Scooter »

How do you know it is the dealer only tool? If it is the dealer only tool then it might be under the start button lower left corner of computer screen. It has been a while since I looked at that program. I think that you should be able to get someone to send you a newer version of the program and fix it yourself. I try to check this board every morning and I will check at lunch time as well till we get you fixed.

Scooter

MX Quad Dad

#14 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I have dug through all my hand written notes and can't find what I was looking for. But in early 03 I had some problems with my D&M/ProCal. I know I had talked to Scooter and he emailed me something that fixed it and it was something to do with the fact I had gotten a real early edition. but I can't remember if it was anything to do with hex codes. I do know that I have four disc. one Pro-Cal with no version one D&M with no version and two D&M's with version 2.0 and one I had written BAD on it. ten year memory is a little fusey but I think I was sent the 2.0 and it wouldn't load and then the second one was sent but some time in the middle of all this scotter sent me an file by email to test for the problem.

I know this is a little long winded, but thought it might spark something to help find the problem. If it would help maybe I can dig out the old laptop and see if I can find more info on it.

speed 450mx

#15 Post by speed 450mx »

I have a dealer cal in Waco and I know that mine does have the hex code. I'll send ya a pm with info.

rayspeed

#16 Post by rayspeed »

On this subject I am getting the same error and I am starting to feel like a tard for not being able to figure it out.

My old brick w/98 computer is toast and I had a slightly newer xp laptop I kept around to replace it with and I am getting the same cal 125 error. I am pretty sure it is something to do with having not yet entered the Maint/Diag Registered Serial Numbers but the book directions are for 95/98/2k and I cannot seem to figure out how to get to where I need to put that code in xp.

On another note the last set of auth codes I got are from 08 should they still be good or am I going to have to bug Kathy if she is still there? I was able to trick my old computer with the date but this xp computer throws security errors when I try to do that.

dkdoug08

#17 Post by dkdoug08 »

With a little deeper understanding, I have now learned that the 125 error means that the programming computer cannot connect with the machine ECU. It could be a low battery, a poor connection, or even the computer com port not configured properly. After I downloaded the Hex File to the ECU, it came back to life. Even still had the correct calibration file. I changed the injector flow-rate and offset (which is what I was originally trying to do when I messed up). Bike runs like a top now.

dkdoug08

#18 Post by dkdoug08 »

QUOTE (speed 450mx @ Jan 31 2014, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a dealer cal in Waco and I know that mine does have the hex code. I'll send ya a pm with info.

Speed 450mx, thanks for the offer for the help. I finally got it figured out and working.