Calibration Error 125

Mapping discussions
dkdoug08

#1 Post by dkdoug08 »

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. New rebuild 2003 X440. Runs great, but noticed extended idling (3 minutes) header would start glowing orange. Read up and found some recommendations about lowering injector flow rate and offset to richen mixture.

Using Dealer-Cal software, was having trouble understanding how to get modified info into ECU. Finally pulled calibration from ECU. (took a few minutes but was successful. Modified Flow-Rate and offset, sent calibration file back to ECU but it hung up. Tried the "starter button push" to re awaken ECU with no success. Finally had to unhook computer from the bike and close the Dealer-Cal program.

Now i only get "Failed To Unlock System 125" error. Checked main relay operation, computer port config., battery charge, connector damage, but nothing amiss.

Did I somehow toast my ECU? If so it's pretty fragile.

Any suggestions? Was wanting to ride this thing.

Scooter

#2 Post by Scooter »

What version of harness do you have? Does the fuel pump run all the time now? It sounds like the ECU lost its mind but it is recoverable from this. When you plug in the cable does the green light come on the black brick? If it does not push the start button and see if it is only on while the starter is going. If this is the case you will have to down load the HEX code then reapply the map. You will need to disconnect the fuel pump connector and the starter solenoid connector. You will have to hold the start button in while you download the HEX. Once that is done then reload the map you want. I hope you wrote down the injector specifics and can put them back in the map. You never want to upload all of the calibrations if you do not have to. I always suggest to open the map you want then upload throttle and injector calls only then send it. I hope this helps.

Scooter

dkdoug08

#3 Post by dkdoug08 »

QUOTE (Scooter @ Jan 27 2014, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What version of harness do you have? Does the fuel pump run all the time now? It sounds like the ECU lost its mind but it is recoverable from this. When you plug in the cable does the green light come on the black brick? If it does not push the start button and see if it is only on while the starter is going. If this is the case you will have to down load the HEX code then reapply the map. You will need to disconnect the fuel pump connector and the starter solenoid connector. You will have to hold the start button in while you download the HEX. Once that is done then reload the map you want. I hope you wrote down the injector specifics and can put them back in the map. You never want to upload all of the calibrations if you do not have to. I always suggest to open the map you want then upload throttle and injector calls only then send it. I hope this helps.

Scooter

Scooter,
Appreciate the response. The green light comes on as soon as you toggle the off/on button "on" and stays on. But if you try to access the ECU, ie: read faults, retrieve calibrations, etc... you get the "Failed To Unlock System 125" error.

You cannot access the ECU at all. How would I download the HEX code?

dkdoug08

#4 Post by dkdoug08 »

QUOTE (Scooter @ Jan 27 2014, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Scooter

Scooter,
Appreciate the response.

The green LED on the serial connector black brick comes on as soon as you toggle the off/on button on the bike to "on", and stays on.

However you cannot access the ECU at all. Read Fault Codes, Retrieve Calibration File, Download A Saved Calibration File, anything that tries to access the ECU results in "Failed To Unlock System 125" error.

How would I download the HEX code?

I tried doing a 30 minute "passive discharge", (where you put the cables together) but no change.

As to the wiring harness, don't see any part numbers, but It's the 2003 "X440" , and I know it's a newer style harness. I purchased a new main wiring harness and fuel pump harness advertised to fit 2002 models, (which I thought were the same) but they were different. Some configuration and connector styles differences.

Scooter

#5 Post by Scooter »

Sounds like you have the newest harness and that is good. I would go to the D&M tool and open it then select the file button, upper left corner. Then select code download. It will ask you to browse for the file you want to download. I would use the H002 file then hit download code. There should be a bunch of stuff going on in the window underneath then a blue bar should go across the top of the screen. Once that is done download the map you want.

Scooter

dkdoug08

#6 Post by dkdoug08 »

Scooter,
Where would I find the H002 file? Browse as it would be in my computer? With the Dealer-Cal install? Or should I download it somewhere.

Canniboomer

#7 Post by Canniboomer »

If you have Dealercal or the single-user Diagmain installed, the hexcode files are already present in your Cal directory. There is a selector pulldown button so you can choose which hex file.
Select the H002xxx motorcycle version as mentioned. Hopefully you can get that far.

dkdoug08

#8 Post by dkdoug08 »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Jan 28 2014, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you have Dealercal or the single-user Diagmain installed, the hexcode files are already present in your Cal directory. There is a selector pulldown button so you can choose which hex file.
Select the H002xxx motorcycle version as mentioned. Hopefully you can get that far.

When I clicked on the "File" option, there was only one option available. (can't remember what it was), but in looking at the files available here on Cannondale Riders, I saw a Optimum Technology file. I downloaded it on my computer at work just to see, and there are many other options. Check COM port, Download Code, and others.

I will try to download the new version, hopefully my password will work, and then try the download. If it doesn't Dave, I will just buy one of your new ECM's.

Thanks for the direction.

Canniboomer

#9 Post by Canniboomer »

Perhaps the earliest version of DealerCal did not have the code-download option?... I seem to recall that they may have used either ProCal or DiagMain for code downloads. My own program may be custom-hacked-bootlegged I don't recall, but certainly talks to any ECM with the Code-Download option present as Scooter described. Search your C directory under program files, then go to the "cal" directory. The hexcode files should be there already. In any case, I can email you the hex files, and your ECM may still be fine, just corrupted.

dkdoug08

#10 Post by dkdoug08 »

Ok, tried the executable file "Udated exe file for D&M software" downloaded from this site, Message says something like "expired, or download activation key from optimum". Dealer-Cal interface does come up, and unlike my copy which the file menu only has "open" or "about", this interface has "Code Downloader", "Map Builder", "Select ECU" and more. When I click on "Code Downloader", I get a message "cannot find file "Optimum Download".

Looks like i'm S-O-L on this ECU.