Optimum key?

Mapping discussions
Nate992v

#1 Post by Nate992v »

Have a complete D&M kit, manual, cable, software, but the envelope that says it has the "key" is empty. Any ideas what numbers I'm looking for? Do the still have tech support for this or am I pretty much on my own? This kit hasn't been used since at least 2009, so not really sure where to start with it. Any advice appreciated.

bigfoot17

#2 Post by bigfoot17 »

It's no good. Send it to Bigfoot. cool.gif

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

They dont and will not make any moe d@m kits but last time I talked with them them were giving out free unlock codes for the machines . Im sure they still have key codes for the kits . Give them a call .

polyesterpig

#4 Post by polyesterpig »

It would be nice if optimum would just provide us the program to produce keys. They have been an excellent company for supporting us all these years, but if they go out of business, or worse, bought out by a foreign company, we will be in deep crapola! It would be great if this sight had the random key generator.

bigfoot17

#5 Post by bigfoot17 »

QUOTE (polyesterpig @ Mar 16 2015, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would be nice if optimum would just provide us the program to produce keys. They have been an excellent company for supporting us all these years, but if they go out of business, or worse, bought out by a foreign company, we will be in deep crapola! It would be great if this sight had the random key generator.

I agree. We should be looking into the future. Possibly a cross to another brand.

Scooter

#6 Post by Scooter »

OPT is not going to be bought out by any other business. The key that was last generated will expire in 2017 but I am sure that we will be able to get auth. codes well past that. That is the least of our worries with these machines.

Scooter

bigfoot17

#7 Post by bigfoot17 »

QUOTE (Scooter @ Mar 17 2015, 07:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OPT is not going to be bought out by any other business. The key that was last generated will expire in 2017 but I am sure that we will be able to get auth. codes well past that. That is the least of our worries with these machines.

Scooter

Thanks, Scooter. That is a relief. Now if I could get and learn how to use a D&M kit. wacko.gif