Tuning Assistance Please

Mapping discussions
flat bill ron

#1 Post by flat bill ron »

Ok, was trying to get my Cannibal in top running condition, but I am kind of lost as far as tuning it goes. The settings are as follows:
Min: 0.28v
Max: 4.58v
TB Leakage: 0.0
FI flow rate: 2550
FI offset: 1.0
My tb% at 2100-2200 rpm is around 2.8-3.0%. I read it should be 3.5-4%. I then adjusted my offset to .80 and my tb% was 3.6 at 2200 rpm but the quad seemed to hang slightly off revs...is this normal? Also, am I supposed to change the flow rate after adjusting the offset? I tried to read harry motos guide but I am a little confused. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
FBR

flat bill ron

#2 Post by flat bill ron »

I should probably also mention the quad supposedly has a 450 kit built by champion, has a boomer intake, and an HMF slip on. Was originally a 500 ecu but i converted it to a 1000 ecu and harness from Dave. I am not sure what map it is running as it was pre loaded by Dave before he sent it to me.

Scooter

#3 Post by Scooter »

I live in Pittsburgh, where are you located? You should look at it as a carb. The offset is the pilot and the flow rate is like the main jet to put it as simply as possible. 3% is where I like to be when hot and at 2200 rpm it sounds like you are a bit lean still. When the offset was 1 was it better or worse? It is tough to diagnose without it being there in front of you.

Scooter

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

Ron,

Scooter is the man. You should take him up on a meet and greet. He knows the software inside out.