FYI....Windows 10!

Mapping discussions
promod

#1 Post by promod »

Just thought I would pass this along, If anyone downloaded Windows 10 (which by the way its great...so far that is....and if I can figure it all out and get all my personal files and settings back in order!) and find that your C'Dale or ATK/C'Dale D&M, ProCal, DealerCal or the like software is not working now and/or even if you try to run it in a previous compatible older version of Windows mode, Optimum is aware of this problem as its not only affecting the C'Dale software but also there other software for other machines, They are working on it as we speak and hope to have this issue resolved within a few days as they claim its in the registry of W10 that's causing this issue, I thought myself for sure it would run on Windows 10 as I know for sure it works on Windows 7 and 8.1 and according to Microsoft before W10's release said if a program ran on W7 or W8.1 it would work on W10....But they were wrong....imagine that! But I guess its a good thing that the over 600 million people just in the USA alone that downloaded and upgraded to W10 since its release don't own C'Dales! wink.gif

promod

#2 Post by promod »

UPDATE:

My DealerCal is back up and running now in W10, For some reason W10 will not write the command prompts or whatever there called (not a big computer know it all guy!) into the W10 registry, So with a little help from my friends at Optimum after they figured out the problem with W10 they got me back up and running with regedit, and before that even trying to set the date back on my PC did not help or as stated before trying to run in a older version compatible mode, but again all my different C'Dale software is up and running!, But one note they told me is that in 2020 all key codes will expire and there will be nothing they can do for us after that, Everyone at Optimum has really been great in supporting us and helping with issues even though they have not been obligated to for a very long time now!

And Scooter if you are reading this everyone there told me to tell you Hi!

So group someone smarter than me needs to start thinking about or coming up with alternative D&M software programs as again we only have 5 years left they said!, which just a note one of my all time favorite songs is Five Years by David Bowie (Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders from Mars)! ohmy.gif

No one else chimed in on this post, so just asking has anyone had this issue with W10 besides me or even tried your software with W10?

Or has anyone even upgraded to W10 as would like to hear your feedback about W10, As myself I am really starting to love it!...again...so far that is...and really more now that my C'Dale software is back in action! biggrin.gif

bigfoot17

#3 Post by bigfoot17 »

I don't have windows 10 or a D&M kit. I am getting real nervous.

promod

#4 Post by promod »

QUOTE (bigfoot17 @ Aug 14 2015, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't have windows 10 or a D&M kit. I am getting real nervous.

You can get the Windows 10 upgrade for free from Microsoft and with support from them with it on any PC or mobile device that currently has or came with the Windows 7 or 8 OS,...and that's regardless of how many PC's or Mobile devices you own!, And if you don't like W10 you have the option to go back to your old OS within 30 days!, It was the best thing I ever done by doing it and only took about 30 minutes to do and Microsoft does it all for you really, didn't have to back up files, didn't loose anything in the process, and my PC is at least 10 times faster...or sure seems like it, and if you have any corrupt files it will get rid of them as its basically like starting with a fresh new computer and OS, Only thing I really had to do was just get use to it and put back in my own personal settings like you do on any PC, It also has its own new browser called Microsoft Edge which is kind of like Firefox but even faster and smoother, as I stated the only issue I had was with the C'Dale software which is now working perfect!, But I guess we will see how W10 does from here on out as it is a new OS so I'm sure there are going to be a few issues down the road which will have to be corrected as anything new does, but if interested here is the link to learn about it, and/or reserve and/or grab it!

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-upgrade

Now getting a free D&M kit...that's another story!

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

Are you getting kickbacks from MicroSoft?

promod

#6 Post by promod »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Aug 14 2015, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you getting kickbacks from MicroSoft?

Yeah Right! My checks in the mail! tongue.gif

bigfoot17

#7 Post by bigfoot17 »

I think my desk computer is Vista. Talk about old.

Scooter

#8 Post by Scooter »

From what I remember you can still backdate the time stamp and it should work. I was under the understanding that the expiration was to keep a current count of active users only. It can be done without an expiration time stamp but they would have to put in the time to re-wright the generation code program. Just because it expires does not mean it will no longer work the expiration is time driven only and all know how to bend time so I do not see this ever being a problem as there is a simple work around. Unless Microsoft takes away the ability to set the date!

Scooter

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

I tried windows 10 . Just to annoying with the tile crap. . I upgraded back to 7.

promod

#10 Post by promod »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Oct 3 2015, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried windows 10 . Just to annoying with the tile crap. . I upgraded back to 7.

I have been aiming on making another update on this post I started, Windows 10 is great and really helped my computer a lot, The tile thing can be resolved to make it look more like W7 which I did as I wasn't that crazy about them either, but upon learning more about the tiles there not that complicated to work with !, But I found out later I was starting to have more issues dealing with mainly video playback from links, utube, msn, yahoo, saved videos etc...., And have had Microsoft Support on my computer by remote more than I can count since I upgraded...and they still have not resolved issues, they keep saying we are working out the bugs and updates will be applied to correct, I have had Microsoft techs contradict each other on what's happening, caught them in lies, and of course since all there support is in other countries...you cant understand a **** thing there saying and I guess they cant understand what I am talking about either....bad communication problems, but they kept saying wait we will get these issues fixed....which pushed me passed my 30 day limit of being able to go back to W7....So now I am stuck with W10 and STILL battling them to correct the issues which I see on other forums others are having the same issues, So until they get all these issues fixed, Would I recommend W10 anymore....NO not at this time!, But I do think once they get all this worked out it will be ok...I am praying...as it has really made a mess of my computer and I am very P***** off! But at least all my C'Dale mapping software is working and I haven't lost any of my personal files!....YET!