DealerCal

Mapping discussions
motoboner

#1 Post by motoboner »

Hey guys! I have been waiting to get in on this forum for a while and I'm hoping my first post is something someone here may be able to help me with. I recently acquired an 02 c440 with a D&M and DealerCal. Optimum gave me an updated code for the D&M easy enough, but it seems DC is no longer supported by the company. This would not have been an issue except for the fact that I have determined that the hex in the ecu has to be reloaded. I have tried sorting the source code, with ollydbg, in both the security program and the application itself, looking for a bypass, to no avail. Admitting, I am not very good at this sort of thing in general so it may just be staring me in the face. Anyways, if anyone has succeeded where I am failing or has any advice, please pm me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

yamadjs08

#2 Post by yamadjs08 »

QUOTE (motoboner @ Jan 25 2016, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys! I have been waiting to get in on this forum for a while and I'm hoping my first post is something someone here may be able to help me with. I recently acquired an 02 c440 with a D&M and DealerCal. Optimum gave me an updated code for the D&M easy enough, but it seems DC is no longer supported by the company. This would not have been an issue except for the fact that I have determined that the hex in the ecu has to be reloaded. I have tried sorting the source code, with ollydbg, in both the security program and the application itself, looking for a bypass, to no avail. Admitting, I am not very good at this sort of thing in general so it may just be staring me in the face. Anyways, if anyone has succeeded where I am failing or has any advice, please pm me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PM scooter on this forum. He was able to help me get my DealerCal up and going.

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

You MUST use a laptop with a direct serial port for the cable to plug into directly. If not the Hex Code upload will not work. There are some adapters out there that people have found to work. But it's not consistent. The speed of the data has to be serial port speed or it overloads the program.

SlOoT

#4 Post by SlOoT »

Try changing the date of the laptop. My dealercal will not work if I set the date correctly. Set it back about 10 years.

Canniboomer

#5 Post by Canniboomer »

I agree above tips, but have never heard about a Code Download, ever, with the use of a Serial Adapter. If anyone has done that?,.. please post.

But yes, first confirm that you are directly connecting to a Serial Port.

As for DealerCal, that must be acquired ON the original computer it was loaded to. Codes for new computer loads of DealerCal have not been supported for more than a decade by Optimum. If you don't have the laptop it worked on?.. . forget that, short of hacking the program disc.

As for reloading the Hex Code?, well you do NOT need DealerCal for that. The standard D&M will do that. At least Version 2 of D&M will do that. I don't recall about Version 1 D&M, if Code Download was an option.