Connection and map select issues

Mapping discussions
polyesterpig

#1 Post by polyesterpig »

Years ago on my 2002 E440, I couldn???t get the bike to connect to the D&M software and it was driving me crazy. Maz told me that some of the wire harnesses were wired incorrectly and caused connection problems. I ended up buying a new 2003 harness and installed it. Problem solved, easy to connect. Later on I ended up installing a map select kit and noticed the fault light would start to blinking in traffic(my bike is plated). This confused me because the fault light usually just stays on. I realized the blinking light should have been the temperature light, not the fault light. Yep this harness is incorrectly wired too. I verified it was the bikes main harness and not the wiring to the optional light. Just makes me wonder how many other bikes are mis-wired out there. Something to consider for those that have connection issues with the D&M software.

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

That's funny, because I used for a long time a motorcycle harness as a stand alone harness for my D&M duties. I just do most of mine stand alone now instead of hooked up to the bike/ATV.