New Maps & Bigger Injectors

Mapping discussions
who_gives_a6

#1 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Does anyone know if any newer maps since the trinium and Terminator/exterminator maps were made? I've never been able to get my 478 with stock injectors to give the power I feel it should. My 450 feels faster till upper near redline. Seems like no matter what tuning, it just doesn't have the WOT power. Also wondering if maybe it's because of the 108/106 cam timing versus 106/106 on the smaller one. I lost a TON of bottom end degreeing to 108 on the intake, though top end is nuts and never ending.

Wondering if it's the injectors. I know some swapped them out for other makes but what needs to be done to run bigger injectors? (Head mods specifically) It's a bummer to get beat off the line by stock 450's with a 478. When in third or higher gear and already moving it'll blow anything out of the water. My 450 will gap the 478 2-3 lengths off the line before the 478 kicks in the power and flies past.

Edit:
I have a local Dyno we're going to throw this on but want to possibly make changes first. $80 per hour on Dyno. Runs perfect with no backfire, good plug, etc currently.
478 has CP piston, timbo stroker and ported head. Ported throttle body, cyclone intake, dual FMF exhaust, larger fuel lines with no disconnects, 108/106 timing, motard gear, stock injectors.

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Have you talked to Tim about the porting and what version it is? I find it very odd he would port a head for a 478 and not insist it be using higher flow rate injectors? Stockers are very difficult to tune above 50 hp. so if you have not burned the piston down Id say something is holding the engine back . When you did the cam timing did you verify TDC? You maybe be a few degrees off if TDC is wrong so your calculations may be saying 108 when it could very well be 110.