cold weather mapping?

Mapping discussions
dracutrider

cold weather mapping?

#1 Post by dracutrider »

hey. i am goin to be buying a cannondale in a few days/weeks. but they guy at the shop said i will need to take it somewhere to get the mapping changed for cold weather...i was plannig on gettin the whole kit to change the mapping when i get it anyways but i was just wondering if the mapping would be the reason it runs bad in the winter? thanks

Jaybr

#2 Post by Jaybr »

What year is it? There was a cold weather update for the ECU in early 02, anything after that should have it. If it doesn't run well when it's cold, it could be the IAC stepper motor on the throttle body, sorta acts like a choke.

dracutrider

#3 Post by dracutrider »

its a 2001 cannibal...oh and it has hmf pipe and i think k&n airfilter but im not sure on the filter

Jaybr

#4 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by dracutrider
its a 2001 cannibal...oh and it has hmf pipe and i think k&n airfilter but im not sure on the filter

There was no 2001 Cannibal, only the FX400 in 01. If it is an 01 or really early 02 Cannibal it probably has the older computer and I'm not sure there is a cold weather update for it.

dracutrider

#5 Post by dracutrider »

hey sry about that...its a 2002. and it has hmf full exhaust. i just found out that it has stock mapping so i am goin to change it to moto mapping when i get it and see if that helps

Jaybr

#6 Post by Jaybr »

If it's running a stock map with full HMF you should definatly change the map and maybe even richen up the injector offset. It's probably running very lean as it and remapping will help alot.

dracutrider

#7 Post by dracutrider »

yup i am goin to get the moto mapping for it...now i just need to find someone or somewhere that can remap it for me:rolleyes:

thomez

#8 Post by thomez »

Where are you located?

dracutrider

#9 Post by dracutrider »

im from dracut MA