Speed Mapping

Mapping discussions
Cannibal440

Speed Mapping

#1 Post by Cannibal440 »

Today I had my dealer adjust the injector offset on my bike from .98 to .88. Anybody know how much leaner this really makes the bike while at idle? I'm told that this also affects the bike at lower RPM'S. Is this accurate or is it primarily at small throttle openings that the change should be evident? I'm hoping that this is not too big a jump but the dealer says that they go up or down in .10 increments at first and will be willing to fine tune it for me after i put some time on the bike. The bike does not seem as rich as it was before, which should be a good thing since i have fouled a few plugs and changing them has really lost it's charm. After riding for a couple of minutes I decided to have them put in the speed map, but I cant really tell how much more power (if any) the bike has 'cause of all the snow. I think it may have more 'cause it seems to pull better when going from 4th to 5th. Hopefully this will be the end of the fouled plugs.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

This effects entire range sound like your dealer is doing a good job.

Cannibal440

#3 Post by Cannibal440 »

When you say "entire range", do you mean at every rpm or at all throttle settings? Sorry, I'm trying to learn these things so I have an understanding of what the dealer is doing. If it were carburated I would do them myself. When I have a good understanding I may buy the Diagnostic tool so I can do these things myself. Thanks Again.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes it effects all rpm and throttle settings.The $300 d&m kit is a awesome tool easy to use and will increase the value of your quad.(just show a buyer what it can do they will be very impressed)I would go to the cannondale website click on engine calibration files then electrical/efi service manual this does a good job explaining most things.If you cant get the manual downloaded laptraffic sells a c.d. containing all the files on the cannondale website.cannondale CD cannondalewebsite

Cannibal440

#5 Post by Cannibal440 »

Thanks! I will be buying the diagnostic tool soon. Do you know what the minimum PC requirements are to run the associated software? My desktop computer is pretty new, but I want to use an old laptop and it's a 100mhz pentium:o

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

I have no idea what 100mhz pentium is I assume its the chip.I have it on a old toshiba laptop running windows 95 works great except it is hard to see screen in sun.I believe it doesnt require much since it can be used in Compaq PDA's.those work really slick even in the sun could even mount right to quad in some conditions.

Cannibal440

#7 Post by Cannibal440 »

Good point about the PDA's My laptop is from 1996 and a "100mhz pentium" refers to the make and speed of the computers CPU. I only asked cause there ain't alot of new software out there that that old laptop will run, but I'm sure this is an exception. Thanks again.

wyndzer

#8 Post by wyndzer »

I checked my offset today and R&S has mine set at .8765.

Cannibal440

#9 Post by Cannibal440 »

Almost exactly what the dealer adjusted mine to. Good to know they have me in the ballpark.

Cannibal440

#10 Post by Cannibal440 »

For anyone with a reasonable amount of riding time running The Speed, Blaze, and Moto maps: How would you compare each? Which has the broadest spread of power? Does that map give up much peak power in an effort to broaden the powerband? I'm starting to really like the speed map, but I will probably be getting the HMF or Trinity full system in the spring and want to know which map will give me lots of power, especially down low. I ride alot of trails and some more low-end would be helpful.