Couple new maps to try out

Mapping discussions
thomez

Couple new maps to try out

#1 Post by thomez »

Hey guys,

After talking with ****** about this stuff and trying to figure a bunch of stuff out, we came up with what we thought would be a good combo. All settings are factory for something or other or are known to be safe, but I guess I still should put a disclaimer on it. I don't want accused for anything. Use at your own risk.

BUT, by all logic, they should RIP! I'm not going to tell you exactly what it consists of until people try it and maybe you will want to guess? I dunno sounds fun to me since I can't test sad.gif

Euro, I'm sure you are up for it right? Any others? Take it out for a spin and see what you think. Let me know exactly what RPM ranges need work and what you think they need and I will try to tune it a little better. OK enough talk, here they are. #1 and #2 are very close let me know what you think the difference is.

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

Here is #2 - let me know which you like better as it will help fine tune them!

rosebridge

#3 Post by rosebridge »

thomaz are this map safe for a high compression engine?also due you know the total timing advance you put in these maps?

thomez

#4 Post by thomez »

First off, please read disclaimer! LOL!

Secondly, when running proper fuel, I have no doubt that they are safe with the high compression Cannondales. The reason I say this is... I know what maps that Farrar has ran with his bike (13.8:1) and he has never spoken of any detonation problems. I will direct him to this thread tomorrow and see what he thinks.

As far as total timing advance... ? The way the maps work is based on a huge grid of throttle position x rpm. At what point should I take total timing advance? I can tell you that they 6 degrees to 60 degrees depending on the location on the map. If you are running the Southbay map that they gave you, this is no more or less advance than they are running either. This is a combination of some stock maps that I think should run well. I'm hoping someone will give them a try.

EuroGOD

I'll give it a shot!

#5 Post by EuroGOD »

Won't be riding until next weekend as I've a quick rebuilt to attend to...
Anyone want to see what happens when a cart. plate bolt gets into (?!!) the clutch pack? Also, on the same engine...The flywheel has cracked in 3 places and now spins freely!

thomez

#6 Post by thomez »

Yeah, I wanna see. On a new thread of course tongue.gif

Riding til next weekend? What? Just stick the map in your Yamaha! Oh ... wait... they aren't cool like that, I almost forgot! :w:

rosebridge

#7 Post by rosebridge »

thanks I will try maps in the morning keep you updated

thomez

#8 Post by thomez »

Thanks, I"m very interested to see how they work! Make sure and dial in offset and flowrate, I put them at about where you will be though.

00Honda400EX

#9 Post by 00Honda400EX »

Were these built for your exhaust? I'm still running the toaster (although it fell apart long ago). I'll try them out this week when i go riding.

Can you let the ts out? I like mine around 130 smile.gif

thomez

#10 Post by thomez »

Anyone give these a try yet? I'm interested in results. I can't dial them in til someone gives some feedback! tongue.gif