how to change maps

Mapping discussions
KYmxracer52

how to change maps

#1 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I have the map select feature and have 3 different maps stored in the quad. One is the Nac's map and 2 others that Brad Warner made for me. If I wanted to try another map, or a few different ones, how do I go about changing them in the quad so I can still go back to the original ones I have now? I'd like to try some other Nac's maps and maybe the XMX map. Can someone tell me how to do this?

02Cannibal

#2 Post by 02Cannibal »

Do you have Pro Cal or just the D&M?

If you just have D&M, you would need the actual map (ccf) files for the maps that are loaded into your ECU now so you could go back to them later.

To add new ones, you would use the map builder in D&M, and choose the maps you want to put into the 3 locations. Once downloaded, you will be able to switch between the 3 new maps.

KYmxracer52

#3 Post by KYmxracer52 »

How do I go about saving these maps that I have now so as I don't lose them?

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

You need the dealer cal kit for that one.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

I believe that if you first click recieve from ECU and then choose all settings the map which includes all 3 will be saved.If you click on file it saves 5? of the last ones.So you will be able to go back to what you had as long as you dont load different maps 5 times after doing the first one.

02Cannibal

#6 Post by 02Cannibal »

I may be wrong, but I don't think D&M saves the actual map file. The list of maps on the file menu is just a history of the last 5 maps you opened. You would need the actual map files as a backup of what's in your ECU now. Like Derno said, you would need the Dealer Cal kit to actually save the map.

If you don't have or can't get the map files you have loaded now, I wouldn't chagne them or you will loose them.

thomez

#7 Post by thomez »

Just download and save the maps from here on the web site and then upload them to the ECU with the D&M. You will have to have the fancier version to upload the 3 maps for Map Select!

KYmxracer52

#8 Post by KYmxracer52 »

which version do I need?