Could this cause a problem?

Mapping discussions
Baart

Could this cause a problem?

#1 Post by Baart »

I was trying to load a calibration file into my bike the other day using the software for the first time. I tried to receive the calibrations from the bike and it didn't say that it received anything. So I decide to load the x440speed110 map in anyway. Afterwards I notice that the fuel is at 2500 something and I know that it was higher. So I reopen the x440speed110 map and see it was 2730 or so. I guess the software had received the information from the bike. I decided to just load the file and overwrite one in the ECU because I just installed the HMF system and wanted to make sure I had the flow rate right. I have rode it since and it seems fine. It seems to start rougher than it used to though. Acts like it wants to stall for about the first 10 seconds or so and will dog if I try revving it too soon. But after it sits for a few seconds I can rev it and it sounds great. I am mostly concerned with any possible harm I may cause the motor. If the TPS is off a bit , I dont think it is from riding it, I am not too concerned. I checked all 6 or so boxes from file instead of ECU when loading the map. It does rip now though with the map and HMF.

acarli3

#2 Post by acarli3 »

At 2500 you would be running richer than you were at 2750. Won't hurt a thing other than bog on you. I rode my bike at 8,000-10,000 ft today and it ran rich. I just leaned it out to stop the popping.

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

First redo your tps to help correct the bogging when you start it. These machines don't like getting spanked as soon as you start them, but you can minimize the effect with some adjustments. When you are done that set your throttle offset. There is a good set of directions in the forum tech section from Cannondale27. This should get the low end done right for you. Then all you have to do is keep an eye on the spark plug to get the flowrate right and she will fly even better.