two map questions

Mapping discussions
banzairx7

two map questions

#1 Post by banzairx7 »

First one is which map will provide the most power everywhere and have the lower of the two rev limits?

#2- The low end on my bike feels a bit boggy to me. I've tried a few different maps but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I've ridden other cannondales and with a bit of effort I can do wheelies in 3rd, my bike no go. The low rpm power just isnt there. I should say the top end on my bike is VERY good. When I Race the same quads with my bike & I just pull away in the top end. What settings can I change to improve the low end? The snappier the better IMO.

2000ex

#2 Post by 2000ex »

Give the x440/speed map a try...It combines the best of both worlds

cannondale440

#3 Post by cannondale440 »

Sounds like you need to adjust your Injector Offset. Somebody correct me if im wrong.

cdalemx301

#4 Post by cdalemx301 »

hey 2000ex i think a few of us r getting together to ride this weekend u should come join us....scott u said u had the 13 tooth not 14 right? are you still riding this weekend?

banzairx7

#5 Post by banzairx7 »

yup running stock gearing, 13 tooth front

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

With stock gearing pulling wheelies in third should be easy with just engine power. I would say check your fuel settings against the factory settings. Do a throttle calibration. Then change your offset a little . Hows your valve adjustment. Dont forget basics. Clean fuel filters/air filters.

banzairx7

#7 Post by banzairx7 »

Fuel settings are set to the factory specs, recently did a throttle cal which made no difference. Air & fuel filters are cleaned & replaced regularly.

I have not check the valve adjustment. I personally have never had this motor out. It was rebuilt at some point in the past before I owned it. Is it possible that a rebuild could effect what fuel settings are used?

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

Cam timing ,cam timing ,cam timing.Ive seen and had several motors where they were a tooth off.

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

Mapping.....You want the lower rev limit, but with the ability to use an aftermarket exhaust?

Now for the other goodies. I would say your settings are off. I have tinkered with several different quads and found that settings are usually rich from the factory. So read the instructions on our tech page and that will help you set the I/O. Also next time you pull the plug look at it and adjust from there. You are probably close, but not right on yet!