Safe to Try Maps?

Mapping discussions
KRMit

Safe to Try Maps?

#1 Post by KRMit »

From what I understand different mappings affect your timing curve and fuel/air ratio. So is there a possibility that different maps can affect reliability? I want it to run hard and fast but to me, reliability is #1.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Stick with factory quad maps or combos of factory maps if reliability worries you.

cdalemx301

#3 Post by cdalemx301 »

People Claim maps with the 11500 limit cause motor damage or maps like the x440s/speed cause it but i think that is a load of crap....It has nothin to do with the Rev limit it has to do with how long you run on the rev limiter for...I have run that map for a long time with no problems

KRMit

#4 Post by KRMit »

Originally posted by ******
the x440s/sped is a factory setting map I just took the factory maps and spliced them together.

There is no proof that a map can damage the motor as some people claim. you cannot bend a valve or trash a piston from mapping it can only be damaged from improper fuel injector settings( Injector offset or Injector flow)  or poor maintenance.

That raises another question I had. Any tips on those two settings? Mine cuts out at 1/8 throttle and I think it may be a little too lean, but don't know what to change.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Do a throttle cal and try a blaze/speed map. Its a little smoother on the low end. Make sure your tps gives smooth readings and there are no trouble codes. I have tried some custom maps which will make a stocker absolutly rip but Im positive the engine life will be drastically shortened. I feel better with my engine mods that can make power so the high rev limit is no longer needed.

KRMit

#6 Post by KRMit »

The x440/speed map gives the most overall power right? Will that one shorten engine life any more than a blaze, moto, or speed map alone will?

azcannon

who knows

#7 Post by azcannon »

I have tried to learn as much as I could about maps and everything else with these cannondales , and I am running a moto/speed map with the 10900 rev limit in my quad . Tons of power !! maybe not the zippiest , but I don't ride the quad as fast as the motor will run.
I ran a hybrid map on a newly rebuilt bike motor and floated my valves and caused some damage , I take the blame for that because I didn't change or do anything to the valve springs , had to start all over, that motor is getting kibblewhite valves and springs and using the same map , it was fast . I am going to raise the rev limit to 12000 even or 12500 when i get someone to make it for me ( have the new z400 bearing and everything else in that motor)

311racer

#8 Post by 311racer »

Is the xmx map a hybrid map. Will it cause any damage to my motor. I've been using to map for 2 years now. This map is killer, it will rip your arms from your body ! smile.gif

J. Delaney

#9 Post by J. Delaney »

Originally posted by ******
the x440s/sped is a factory setting map I just took the factory maps and spliced them together.

There is no proof that a map can damage the motor as some people claim. you cannot bend a valve or trash a piston from mapping it can only be damaged from improper fuel injector settings( Injector offset or Injector flow)  or poor maintenance.

So what happens when some yayhoo advances the timing a little too much?

KRMit

#10 Post by KRMit »

My main concern is the x440/speed map. It blows away the Blaze map I had in it. I believe I'll be happy with it as long as it doesn't decrease my motor life.