question for all...please respond

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
61austin

#21 Post by 61austin »

Originally posted by JMaN05
ALRIGHT, A C0UPLE M0RE QUESTI0NS...WHAT THE HECK IS A CANN0NDALE HYBRID? I D0T UDERSTAD THHAT IN A C'DALE. AND, IF A CANN0NDALE HAS THE M0T0R M0UNT UPDATE AND THE STAGE 8 AND 0NNLY 25 0RIGINAL H0URS, SH0ULD THAT BE G00D EN0UGH T0 GET 0UT AND RIDE WITH0UT BEING W0RRIED AB0UT BREAKING SEIZING 0R WHATEVER THEY D0?
BY THE WAY, THE QUADS A CANN0NDALE CANNIBAL, I BELIEVE ITS AN 03, IT IS THE STARS AND STRIPES LE...

I have never heard of a cannondale hybrid, but that might be what some call the new ATKs.
About the quad, I would still get a z400 crank bearing installed and switch to Evans coolant. Some people say that the z400 bearing isn't necessary but they are usually the ones that haven't had a crank failure, besides you can get it done for less than $150 which sounds like pretty cheap peace of mind to me.

JMaN05

#22 Post by JMaN05 »

THE 0NLY PR0BLEM IS THAT I LIVE N0 WHERE NEAR A CANN0NDALE DEALER S0 I HAVE N0 PLACE T0 GET THIS D0NE AND N0 PALCE T0 GET IT SERVICED. S0, I AM STILL UNDECIDED AS T0 IF I SH0ULD GET 0NE...BUT AS 0F N0W I THINK I JUST WANT T0 SELL MY GAS GAS's AND N0T GET AN0THER...

61austin

#23 Post by 61austin »

THE 0NLY PR0BLEM IS THAT I LIVE N0 WHERE NEAR A CANN0NDALE DEALER S0 I HAVE N0 PLACE T0 GET THIS D0NE AND N0 PALCE T0 GET IT SERVICED. S0, I AM STILL UNDECIDED AS T0 IF I SH0ULD GET 0NE...BUT AS 0F N0W I THINK I JUST WANT T0 SELL MY GAS GAS's AND N0T GET AN0THER...

Cannondale is out of buiseness so there is no such thing as a cannondale dealer anymore. ATK sells parts and has been building the quads from the parts but that doesn't mean that an ATK dealer will be able to do any work for you. All cannondale owners have is eachother and a few shops to get these quads fixed when they break. The site sponsers do very good work and there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here that can help with just about any problem you might have.

JMaN05

#24 Post by JMaN05 »

0K, I HAVE HELLB0UNDRACING BY ME.

Exodus

#25 Post by Exodus »

I have bought some parts from Hellbound racing, they are good in that department. But I dont have any knowledge of them working on Canndales. Haydug Cycles, Black Widow ATV, and Timbomoose are the most popular motor guys that work on Cannondales. If you have some skills with a wrench, you could drop the motor and send it to them to have the mods done. There is a thread here that will tell you how to do that with a cooler.

That is a problem with Cannondales, you have to relly on each other and yourself to keep them in tip top shape. The closest mechanic that I would even consider working on mine is 250 miles away, Colby@ C&D Racing, other than that, Brad at Black Widow and he's 350 miles. So I pretty much have to work on it myself. It sure made me a better mechanic because of that. I dont have any regrets buying it and will do it again next year. I love the stigma and attention I get from owning a Cannondale and the knowledge that it is my sweat and blood that keeps it running. Cannondale owners are a rare breed, probably as rare as the machines they own.

JMaN05

#26 Post by JMaN05 »

H0W MUCH CARE HAS T0 G0 INT0 0NE 0F THESE?? M0RE THAN A REGULAR RACE ATV?? M0RE THAN AN 0LD 250R??

azcannon

#27 Post by azcannon »

I have said in other post's cannondales aren't for everybody, I have 2 very good friends who have no business owning one - they make too much money and just drop their quads off for service which makes point two there are a lot of decent suzuki and yamaha shops that can fix the problems and repair their brand of machine. Canondales don't have that so you either need to be willing to learn and enjoy the process or be enthusiastic about having a exotic quad/bike and willing to pay someone to repair/ sometimes learn / and keep yours going.
If this doesnt sound like you buy a z400 ( or that new 450 ) or a 06 raptor and be jealous every time a cannondale smokes you but have the knowledge they are not for you. It is totally ok to like them but pass on owning one because of the whole learning curve . Many canondalers will trade rides with you if you get a decent japster.

Derno24

#28 Post by Derno24 »

0K, I HAVE HELLB0UNDRACING BY ME.

Where is Reeders exactly? How far from Shippensburg?

JMaN05

#29 Post by JMaN05 »

reeders is hard t0 explain, if y0u type it int0 mapquest it c0mes up...i d0nt really kn0w h0w t0 tell 0yu where it is..

saltus440

#30 Post by saltus440 »

jman you could try champion motorsports. I have heard good things about them. They are in Wilcox, PA.