Recluse Clutch

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
Jaybr

Recluse Clutch

#1 Post by Jaybr »

Not really R&D, but I haven't seen any reports of a Recluse in a Dale.

Mine showed up today.

I'll be rebuilding the Speed soon with Falicon, stock bore piston, Motard 5th, and Recluse. These should be some great improvements to an already awesome woods setup. All parts are here, just need gaskets and bearings.

Sandstorm

#2 Post by Sandstorm »

Dave Lindsay used one in an ATK450 in one of the rounds of the Worcs series. Actually he was on a 432.. He finished 3rd behind Fredricks and Eichner. Lindsay is a Utah local and he didn't even get any practice on the machine at all... Motoman 440 has been useing one for a while I believe???? but he doesn't post for the most part..

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

Funny that you should post this. smile.gif I just got mine installed and will be taking it to the track/woods tommorrow. Jay, do you have a cable or hyd clutch? The cable clutch needs a different throw that they don't have made up yet. I am sending them the specs for what I did on Monday and they will add it to their package.

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by Happyboy

If anyone is interested in one of these I can get you one well under retail.  It will still be over 4 bills but not the 500+ retail.

Happyboy, 1st warning, next one and you are gone!

Haydug Cycles is also a dealer, and has been for quite some time. Please contact a SITE SPONSOR for your purchase. As alwayw, you will not pay retail.

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

Sorry man. Just forwarding on a good price. Post has been edited. :confused:

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

Well, I got to ride it today and man, what a ride!! I love this new toy! biggrin.gif It makes woods riding so much more enjoyable because I don't have to clutch the tight turns anymore.

Thumbs up in my book!!

levi550

#7 Post by levi550 »

If you had to guess, what would it do to your times in a drag?

Is there a lot of "spin up" at the start or is it "bang" and it goes?

Exodus

#8 Post by Exodus »

Levi, I havent tried one in a Cannondale, but I did try it in a Honda and theres virtually no spin up. The idle is slower than a Cannondale, so that may make a difference, but in the Honda, you pin it, and it goes!

levi550

#9 Post by levi550 »

Originally posted by Exodus
but I did try it in a Honda

Hmmm :confused: , Did you like it Exodus?

Exodus

#10 Post by Exodus »

Yeah, I liked it alot. The quad it was in was Colby's Honda from C&D Racing, he had it so the chances of stalling decreased. He races GNCC, so you get bottled up and end up stalling it, you loose alot of time trying to kick it over. For drags, it might work, pretty expensive experiment though. I liked it, and I might buy one for my Cannondale for this winters rebiuld.