D&M Project Screenshots

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
claas900

#11 Post by claas900 »

..My laptop has wins 98, but im sure it has a USB port,will it work?.
Also,me and a friend are looking for some buttons if we find anything youll be the frist to know.

yamadjs08

#12 Post by yamadjs08 »

Woah, I didnt know that it had to be windows 2000 or XP... I was planning on setting up our really old PC in the garage and using that just for the D&M kit (computer just sits in basement)... Anyway I would be able to get this to work on that computer? Its got Windows 95 on it? biggrin.gif But it does have a USB port or 2 for sure. I could try and install XP Pro on it, but its a super old computer and I doubt it would run well if at all with XP...? Im not sure, anybody know anything that would work besides getting another PC? I was kinda hoping to get an old laptop sometime in the future to take with me when I go riding, but was hoping to just use that old computer for now... I guess I could always bring my computer in the garage, but I think that would get old real fast...

Hmmm....???

DMAC10

Can you say mapping???

#13 Post by DMAC10 »

Looks good and I really like that price.smile.gif

I'll be in for one when their ready.

Now how do I explain this purchase to the wife. hmmmmmmmmmm.

I've done used most all of the excuses for the motor work from Doug,.

Time to get creative!!!!!smile.gif

badvox

#14 Post by badvox »

Windows 95? You're kidding right?

Mike

yamadjs08

#15 Post by yamadjs08 »

Originally posted by badvox
Windows 95?  You're kidding right?  

Mike

LMAO, I dont even use the computer, it is sitting in a closet or something right now, but I figured Id just set it up out in the garage and put it to use with that D&M, but I guess not...:hammer:

jesshamner

#16 Post by jesshamner »

If that computer is old enough to have win95 on it, it has no business running win xp. My comp had 98 and it runs pretty slow with xp.

guthrie08

#17 Post by guthrie08 »

are you going to be offering a map select kit also? this is a great deal, cant wait to pick one up

02Cannibal

#18 Post by 02Cannibal »

Even if your laptop has a USB port, Windows 95 does not support USB. Even Win 98 will not work. The first version that supported USB was Win 98 SE.

The 9x kernels are just too old and would probably introduce stability problems. XP might be a problem for some older systems, but Windows 2000 will run on a pretty old laptop. I run it on an old Dell 233MHz Pentium II with 256 RAM and it works fine with our software.

Derno24

#19 Post by Derno24 »

When can we buy this?

What's up Will?

When are we riding again?

02Cannibal

#20 Post by 02Cannibal »

Originally posted by guthrie08
are you going to be offering a map select kit also? this is a great deal, cant wait to pick one up

We are working on map select/rider trim.
The first kit we will offer is just a basic kit that does not have map select/rider trim. It will allow you to edit maps, perform throttle cals, download maps to the ECU, and monitor a running engine. It will also store your Dale's settings in the cable so you don't have to worry about forgetting what your flow rate is biggrin.gif