D&M Project Screenshots

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cannondale27

#31 Post by cannondale27 »

I am sorry I am computer illiterate:D You guys amaze me.I wouldnt know what I was looking at.Thanks.

02Cannibal

#32 Post by 02Cannibal »

There is the fuel mass table in there, which i would imagine is the amout of fuel to shoot at a given throttle opening / rpm.

There is also a setting called BOI (Beginning of Injection). I'm not sure what that does, but every map has it set to 450.

badvox

#33 Post by badvox »

Okay here is something that may or may not be what you are asking about Steve. C27 is steve right? biggrin.gif

There are 2 params which I think are of interest

1. FUELINJOFFDELAY - Fuel injector turn-off delay
2. FUELINJONDELAY - Fuel injector turn-on delay

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but it would make sense that since there are offsetting types that adjusting both would equal timing.

I'll look some more.

mike

badvox

#34 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Have you guys found a map for injector timing in there?In other words the time the injector shoots the fuel in.Might be useful to be able to manipulate that.

Also found this one.

Ignition Timing Offset per Cylinder CYLCOMPMAP

mike

Canniboomer

#35 Post by Canniboomer »

Some of those may be "canned" settings for other types of machines, for example multi-cylinder or direct-injection, so some values would just be plugged in and the same for all Cannondale maps.
Without direct-to-cylinder injection, these timing tweaks would not matter -- When comparing other EFI sytems, it's important to remember we are injecting a fuel mass about 5 inches upstream from the intake valves, so only the AFR at a given rpm can effectively be regulated. And whether it injects fuel on the upstroke/ downstroke/ halftime/ eachtime probably doesn't matter either, since the valves regulate the timing of flow into the cylinder, and the long-throated fuel mass is all intermixed and uniform by then, right?

Heck, I don't know,..... I'm not really familiar all of that, just thinking out loud here, again!..rolleyes.gif

cannondale27

#36 Post by cannondale27 »

According to what I have read with a system like ours it is very critical to have the injection timing right on.Modifications affect that timing.Just trying to get everything as good as possible.If you think about it our injectors are probably closer to valve than most cars.Only Direct injection I have seen is in diesels and some 2strokes.
Badvox is there any way to know which of the HEX code lines we are actually using?

badvox

#37 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by cannondale27 Badvox is there any way to know which of the HEX code lines we are actually using? [/B]

Yes, sure we can. We could basically sniff it and watch for either of those commands to be called. With SoftICE I can see the functions they call to figure out if the password is correct too. :head:

~mike

bspblaster

#38 Post by bspblaster »

I am interested in the kit. I have been wanting a D & M kit. When is the expected release date?

banzairx7

#39 Post by banzairx7 »

Getting proper injection timing is only important at low rpm's and even then not really. It will improve throttle response and fuel usage if its timed correctly at low rpms. Once you get into higher rpm's all this timing goes out the window. At higher rpm the injector needs to be open longer than the valve is. So you end up spraying fuel against a closed valve.

I've tuned both sequential(timed) and batch fired inection systems. I couldn't tell the difference in low rpm performance.

TucsonCannibal

beta tester!!

#40 Post by TucsonCannibal »

I am deffinatly interested in testing this cable. There are a couple of us in Tucson with limited access to a D&M, and myself and 1 other guy, rayspeed, are discussing splitting the cost of one....

so if you need a tester, count me in!!