What R&D still needs to be done??

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
jwheat

#11 Post by jwheat »

We're gonna weld two quads together??

claas900

#12 Post by claas900 »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Spoke to a member tonight.Got me excited all over again.The guy has some Awesome ideas and research to back them up.I dont think we are anywhere near the end of potential with our machines.Gets alot tougher sometimes to tweak the little bits out but stay tuned cause its coming:D :hammer:If you arent on one your going to be wishing you were.

Come on C27,im still waiting..smile.gif

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Its nothing big or revolutionary.Just lots of little things that seem to be approaching quickly.You all know I cant keep my mouth shut.No worries what works and doesnt will always be posted as soon as its done.

Quadhauler

#14 Post by Quadhauler »

Originally posted by wanablaze
Checkball that prevents oil from loading up on piston.  I know some guys were working on this though.  Maybe they haven't had enough time to determine results yet.

I am curious about this one as well. Started my Dale this weekend and it defintely burned some oil on startup. Cleared up quickly, but no mistaking the black smoke and burnt oil smell. Was an aircraft mechanic in a former life and remember serious hydrolock damage could occur to lower jugs in a radial powerplant if engine was not hand pulled through on the prop for a couple of rotations to make sure it was clear of oil. Any danger of bending a rod trying to e-start the dale?? Hate to have to pull the plug everytime I let the quad sit for a few days. :hammer:

Any updates or advice on a checkball fix?

c41xracer

#15 Post by c41xracer »

why is it that you guys have this problem?ive never seen black smoke or smelled any on start up

RoooStEr Pops

#16 Post by RoooStEr Pops »

we ride them to hard i would guess :drink: :drink: :drink:

hnnblehscnnble

#17 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

im really amped ona ll of this.the check ball would be awesome to fix.but i dont mind hearing her run everynight at about 11 pm cause my neighbors are all old and go to bed at 7 so its fun:head:

i was thinking of getting ahold of an aftermarket rad company to try and get a better rad in production not sure if they'll listen to a kid though.

and a removeable side cover would be amzing.removable with engine in the quad that is.sorry for all of you who cant get it off with the motor out.tongue.gif

o and by the way there is something maz showed me so u dont have to have an oil line that runs to ur airbox to puke everywhere.all u do is take that line off the air box,turn it down pointed at ur counterhsaft sprocket and cut it short so it doesnt rub.put something over the whole in the airbix so stuff doesnt get int here like a rubber thingy(condom could work if its small enough)sure if it pukes it kind abakes a mess but then u get a lubed chain too.smile.gif man that kinda sounds perverted ...o well.

kyle

haydug

#18 Post by haydug »

speaking of side cover, how about a billet 2-peice side cover. Get to the clutches and oil pumps without removing the motor.

claas900

#19 Post by claas900 »

..I have a spare sidecover I was going to do this to. But even in 2 peices some of the bottom bolts behind the engine cradle would be very hard to get to..But if anyone has any ideas on how to do it,im all ears..

Exodus

#20 Post by Exodus »

I'm kinda working on a side cover myself. Its will be a pretty good design, I just need to get off my butt and find a couple side covers. Its a three piece design utilizing the stock side cover and clutch cover, but uses a new piece that you take off. Anyone want to donate a side cover for the cause?