radiator standing up!

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cannondalerhino

pump kit

#21 Post by cannondalerhino »

I'll take one as well!

TricityCdale

#22 Post by TricityCdale »

Is there a difference between early radiators and frames and later models? The reason I ask is that there is absolutely no way in heck I can get my radiator to go forward that much. I can barely get it moved forward enough to clear the brackets on the top of the radiator.

I have also noticed that my buddies radiator in his '02 Moto has more clearance at the top by the frame than mine. Just curious. Am I missing something?

Exodus

#23 Post by Exodus »

I kinda have the same prob over here and mine an 02. I think it has to do with the rubber under it. It seems really thick, but Doug said he had to put it some to get it that way, so I'm assuming thats what he meant.

haydug

#24 Post by haydug »

I actually had to trim the rubber pad on this one. I have stood other radiators up around 1" with no trouble. However, without cutting the pad, it will hit the frame. If you look at this radiator, I actually put bolts through from the radiator side, then a nut on the back side of the spacer, effectly making a "stud" sticking out from the radiator. It tool alittle patience to slide it into place, even without the rubber pad. After it is installed, then you put the rubber pad under the radiator. More patience is needed here also.
I feel with this setup, I will not have to touch this stuff now, to drop the engine. Along with better cooling, I think this is a win-win set-up.

MyCannibal

#25 Post by MyCannibal »

haydug,...this is kinda off topic but do you know a guy named Don from Dover, Ohio who works on or did work on Cannondale/ATK. He owns a shop called Dover Race Ready Cycle.......I was just curious being that I've had my quad there a couple times and have no complaints at all. As a matter of fact i think his wife told me he took quads to WV to a friend to work on them sometimes.....arent you from WV...i know WV is a big state but cannondalers are kinda few and far between.:head:

badvox

Re: .....

#26 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by MyCannibal i know WV is a big state but [/B]

:confused: It is? When did little ole West Virginia get re-classified as a big state? tongue.gif

~mike

MyCannibal

#27 Post by MyCannibal »

u know what i mean.......

haydug

#28 Post by haydug »

Not sure who he his excatly, I do alot of work for other shops on cannondales, but he doesn't ring a bell

MyCannibal

#29 Post by MyCannibal »

ok.

Cannondale88

#30 Post by Cannondale88 »

Doug, Can you get pics of the Rubber peice So I can know what to do?