Cwr Cams

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
jfarrar

#11 Post by jfarrar »

what really ticks me off doug was gonna sell me his last set of these after being aware that they were JUNK.i pmed another ember before purchasing and they were like no stay away from them they are falling apart.thanks alot wonder who the unlucky fellow was that he unloaded them on?

haydug

#12 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by jfarrar
what really ticks me off doug was gonna sell me his last set of these after being aware that they were JUNK.

Really?? :confused: Funny, I don't remember that one. First off: what did I try and sell you? I only remember you asking several months ago about valves, and or springs. Not cams. You normally don't buy your stuff from me anyway, and that was the last I heard from it. rolleyes.gif

Happyboy

Re: Thanks Timbo

#13 Post by Happyboy »

Originally posted by Smitty911
I have the CWR 420 cams in my head are these the ones that are problematic?

Thanks

Smitty

pull em

jacobw

#14 Post by jacobw »

Originally posted by DIRT
My 2 cents.........and I sold  my Cannondales.
Didn't Greg post in another thread Timbo, that you never called him back on your porblem or sent back the parts.We have a guy here that wants to build cams and help out.All you guys did was bash him for trying and never send your parts back so Greg can look at them.All I see here is another person trying to make Cannondales/ATK's better and you guys are just gonna make him walk away.He wanted to work WITH you and help but after reading this thread I would walk away too.
I thought you worked with Winky on the cranks before ....yup they failed and you made some improvements.Winkys name  went down hill just like your doing to CWR here.Maybe you should work with him not bash him on his work.Because your first attempt was not so good either.
A little food for thought ...................

very good point and it seems the cannondale saving kibblewhites were a failure so I guess the guy that made them outta get bashed since his attempt went wry. I think use the power for the common good not the failure of the community:)

cdsracer

#15 Post by cdsracer »

Hey Doug, wanna give me a refund on the brand new Kibblewhite valves and springs you sold me??

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Originally posted by DIRT
My 2 cents.........and I sold  my Cannondales.
Didn't Greg post in another thread Timbo, that you never called him back on your porblem or sent back the parts.We have a guy here that wants to build cams and help out.All you guys did was bash him for trying and never send your parts back so Greg can look at them.All I see here is another person trying to make Cannondales/ATK's better and you guys are just gonna make him walk away.He wanted to work WITH you and help but after reading this thread I would walk away too.
I thought you worked with Winky on the cranks before ....yup they failed and you made some improvements.Winkys name  went down hill just like your doing to CWR here.Maybe you should work with him not bash him on his work.Because your first attempt was not so good either.
A little food for thought ...................

You believe that load?Cant you read?Tim did tell him exactly what was going on way back in august.Greg and Haydug SHOULD have been looking at cams and springs themselves immediatly after hearing about this way back in August.Timbo did not want to take another chance with cams since it is of course a major job and money loss to have to recall motors 3 times.Why should he have to work and pay for development of a good cam when everyone was paying top dollar for them already?He cut his losses and moved on until he saw the SAME cams being sold on EBAY a couple weeks ago to some more suckers.Also Tim only did some paid machine work for Winky.His Winky crank was one of the first cranks to fail and he warned all of us immediatly.Something Winky failed to do and even denied failures.Tim saved many motors from Winky contamination.I think Dernos was one saved by Tim speaking up and mine even though it failed I knew to stop immediatly.All info on Z400 update was free for ANYONE to use.And Many,many have built Z400 cranks other than Timbo.Winky was too greedy to start over and listen or he could have had good cranks long ago.Jacob this post IS for the common good because Nobody else will warn you as long as money keeps coming in.Dont forget this was known in August!And costed Timbo thousands of dollars in parts and labor.

wistech

#17 Post by wistech »

bronze wrist pin bushings -tested in 2quads for 6 months then pulled and inspected OK before going public for sale.

Custom billet rods -tested in 10 quads for 4 months with zero failures 3 pulled and inspected ok before release for sale

z400 bearings - tested in 2 stroker engines for 6 months ,one pulled and inspected with no wear shown on rod and crank pin -

coated wrist pins - tested on one stock pistonand still running today
coated wrist pin- installed on 4 JE pistons - after one had problems every one who had them was notified given free replace piston ,sleeve ,and wrist pins. Only the JE's were affected and the 2 stock motors were rebuilt for free even though it turned out they were not affected.

When Timbomoose has built anything himself from the ground up in my opinion he has taken the time to research and taken the risk of loss to get these items developed. Sometimes it worked out and sometime he lost but most customers were taken care of no matter what the cost.
When Tim started to install these cams they were already given the OK for sale by the suppiers. In good faith that they were made from knowledgable research . He covered 3 of the 4 engines that were damaged (the 4th is being is in process)and purchased new stock cams and buckets for every engine paid for out of his own pocket.
If you purchased these cams you should contact CWR to find out if they are going cover thier product. If CWR will back thier products then Tim and the other customers should have getting refunds or improved product.

Maybe if evil R&D team were contacted for assistance for R&D when these cams were being developed then only thier R&D engines would have been destroyed instead of the customers.
Right now one R&D member has researched and found the problem in a couple days and have a good idea of how to cure it. Check out Happyboys research on the cam's to weak thread.
All we need is springs made to specifically to specs,hardened decomps pins and cams hardweld to work with the bucket hardness.(60 rockwell) .
Obviously mistakes were made by CWR but all can be rectified and we can move on . We are need of higher performance cams and if these problems are corrected Im sure many will be sold .

CptHook

#18 Post by CptHook »

Ok so let me get this straight, kibblewhite valves and springs ARE junk?

I was niether informed of this by Doug OR Tim who both had my motor and participated in the work on it, I had a Timbo stroker crank put in as well as these new valves and springs because supposedly the stock valves are junk in these cannondales. Dont tell me after my machine being down for over a year waiting for parts and all this other jargon that Im going to have to tear it back down again to get rid of these springs because they are junk. I really hope I have misunderstood...

timbomoose

#19 Post by timbomoose »

Yes, you have it partially right.Send it up and will put in stock springs for free.The valves will be ok with stock springs,but too tight with those springs.The combo of the two is what is bad.Thank CWR for putting no research into his project .He made life nice for all of us.As you can see from this post it was not made to make my life any easier either.Here's proof. I must be condemming people who are "helping us"

timbomoose

#20 Post by timbomoose »

****** keep supporting without checking.The guy even said they're bad.When you drop your valves from worn cams don't say you did't get a warning.

Dirt
Winky on the cranks before ....yup they failed and you made some improvements.Winkys name went down hill just like your doing to CWR here.Maybe you should work with him not bash him on his work.Because your first attempt was not so good either.

Give me a break and get real.Winky made his own name go down hill an no one else.My 1st attempt went good.I did research!I only did it for myself then other on the site asked me to make them available.The only thing I did for winky was his crank pin.Winky welded the pins,went cheap as possible,didn't put the radius in the corner(cost more),didn't undercut the pin before welding or true his cranks(more time) , went with the cheapest bearing posible ,$7.00 dealer cost,did buy good rods from carillo ,sometimes, used thrust washer to chew up and go into the bearing so he could use this narrow cheap bearing and charged top dollar!And didn't test anything ask John his kid.When he had problems he blaimed customer or made a false reason and always the 1st time,no refund,and kept selling.All of my work ,the pin,was made right to tolerance!I ran his setup and was junk and told him 1st and told him to contact everyone else. (which he never did)I never received a dime while doing this work for him for months (1000'S)and also made him over a dozen nice stator covers,that some of you have, for free(never paid me)I only kept doing work for him(up until I knew they were junk),because he told me lies(which I believed at the time) that he wasn't getting paid from Doug,Maz,champion,and others. After finding out they were junk.I told him AGAIN how to make them correctly and what to use so they would hold up,but he said that would be way too expensive and kept selling junk for top dollar just like CWR. Someone who knows there product is bad and puts them up forsale on ebay is not helping anyone. So get your facts strait!!

This post was made here to help people from getting screwed, so lets make the screwer look out to be great! Get Real If he's helping show me!What am I gaining from posting this?More free work to do mayby I shouldn't be so honest.