Cwr Cams

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cannondale27

#51 Post by cannondale27 »

Is there metal pump gears?Otherwise maybe the crank or if it was a contaminated frame from metal could have been in there yet.

GDITheman

#52 Post by GDITheman »

shipping info:

http://www.southbaymoto.com/engine_shipping.htm

i've used the igloo at least 2 times and love it.

GDITheman

#53 Post by GDITheman »

my bad. that's what i get for reading at work with a minimized window smile.gif

GDITheman

#54 Post by GDITheman »

i'm going to run my KW springs and valves with my stock cams until it warms up enough outside to pull the engine. i need to do the aluminum valve cover anyway. i maybe have 20 hours on the engine since doug rebuilt it last march. maybe have 25 to 30 hours on it when it warms up enough to pull the engine. it's a great running engine when i figure out my settings. i don't know what i'd do if i was riding on one of the R&D team's quads setup properly. it'd be insane.

i'll be a bit of a guine pig. you guys just make sure we have the RIGHT parts to fix what i break. i'm not mad at anyone, just disappointed that i got stuck with an untested setup.

we need to have an online class for cdale engine rebuilds so i can do the work myself and not have to ship it out to get it fixed.

doug was a straight salesman and did not make any promises (other than he would stand behind his work and he has). he said that the KW parts were supposed to be a better product. back in feb / march of 2005 that's all we knew.

thanks to everyone who is searching for the ultimate answer. i need another engine so i can help too.

wistech

#55 Post by wistech »

Originally posted by GDITheman

we need to have an online class for cdale engine rebuilds so i can do the work myself and not have to ship it out to get it fixed.

I kind of like the traveling around to exotic locals and meeting everyone in person. You cant play practical jokes on people online. smile.gif

Ill bet if you just ask there are many experienced members within driving distance that will work for room and board(especially cookies)

Smitty911

#56 Post by Smitty911 »

Originally posted by wistech

Ill bet if you just ask there are many experienced members within driving distance that will work for room and board(especially cookies)

It's a chilly 58 degrees F outside. Need a vacation? LOL

[QUOTE]GDITheman

I'm not mad at anyone, just disappointed that i got stuck with an untested setup.

Couldn't agree more.

Smitty

wistech

#57 Post by wistech »

Sorry Im swamped right now and we just got a little snow. If I dont get some snow action Im going to freak out.

CptHook

#58 Post by CptHook »

well I ended up getting this, http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-0...&LNM=B000CO7S40|Igloo_Ice_Cube_Ultra_Roller&ref=tgt_adv_XSC10001

Looked like it would be perfect, got it home. With the cradle on it would not fit at all, with the cradle off it would fit, but only when tilted slightly, then it was still too tall by maybe an inch for the lid to close. Lid was hitting the intake. Is there a bigger version of this one Im not seeing? I got the one pictured, the 60 qt one, which according to the Igloo site is the biggest one they have. Did you guys have to modify your lids to get them to close?

Smitty911

Just a thought

#59 Post by Smitty911 »

I would also get some of the expanding foam, put a plastic bac between the motor and container. Fill slowly with the foam. It will expand to fill in the open area and it won't move. Should be able to survive UPS, FedEx, DHL, US Postal. LOL

Smitty

wistech

#60 Post by wistech »

Make sure to use at least a half a roll of duct tape and wrap that lid shut. All the way around. It should be able to be dropped down a flight of stairs with no problems . You might have to break a few holes inside the cover or sides for projecting objects.