Cwr Cams

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cannondale27

#71 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool!Ever heard of a company called Annatek?Nuke plant here does alot of this type of testing and guy said that was who they used but I couldnt find any info on them.

Happyboy

#72 Post by Happyboy »

We may have a plan on testing the cams under better spring load in the next few days. I will know for sure tommorrow. biggrin.gif

cwr greg

#73 Post by cwr greg »

and i will be getting the cam hardness tested on my end to see how soft they were. and how to make it harder then the bucket.
i still think the lift is right and the springs were wrong and the hardness was all the problem all along.

and did i read that right on a post that me,tim,happy and wise all say stop and pull it but someone is still selling them and will stand behind it? you have to be kidding right? yea who will stand behind that one.?
just wait for all to agree on the test and we all are satified the new set up will work. and for more then an hour.hee hee.

i want the new cams to last. and now that the light is on and were all on the same page. things are going to get done.

i have a list of people that doug paid me for valves and springs. i shipped them out. those i can reimburse for. i know what i charged doug . that would be the refund.

but on some of the cam set ups i have not been paid by him. so how can i reimburse for the cams that i have not been paid.yet.
now theres the problem. humm.

greg

CptHook

#74 Post by CptHook »

I am curious because I purchased mine from Doug, will you be sending a PM to notify for the reimbursement? Thanks.

-Rick

cwr greg

#75 Post by cwr greg »

i just looked at my invoices. and it seems i havent been paid for cams , cams in heads, some springs . way back since 11-04.
2004! boy am i stupid for letting it go on so long. it looks at least 10 or more sets out there. i have very little clue as to who they went too.but im starting to see who now.

i guess the best thing to do is try. i know. try to get ahold of doug . since hes the one who took your money. but send the cams and springs to me.
i will see what i can try to do. but im at a loss just like you too.

im going to go and count as to how many went thru doug.

greg

haydug

#76 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by cwr greg

but on some of the cam set ups i have not been paid by him. so how can i reimburse for the cams that i have not been paid.yet.
now theres the problem. humm.

greg

I have several sets laying here, and they will be shipped back. Boy, I guess since we are all worried about how much money we are losing, should I chime in? :drink:

On a side not, I have a set in my hand, with well over 25 hours, that are still servicable. :confused:

Happyboy

#77 Post by Happyboy »

Originally posted by haydug
On a side not, I have a set in my hand, with well over 25 hours, that are still servicable. :confused:

Bad batch then maybe? Sounds like something went wrong but dangit WHAT?

Delaware152

#78 Post by Delaware152 »

I think you have a set set there that ran a season and were probably ran harder that most motors.

cannondale27

#79 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats great!Haydug do you have any springs that lasted?If so the thing to do is to figure out the exact combo of parts used with the cams that lasted.(springs,retainers,valves even the installed hieght)then send the cams to CWR to get tested so he can have a good baseline.

wistech

#80 Post by wistech »

Im building a couple easy view cam covers so removal wont be needed to check out the lobes. If they work the cams can be checked every couple hours. I can whip up a test engine if nobody wants to risk sacrificing a engine full of pricy parts and good cases.