Cwr Cams

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
GDITheman

#81 Post by GDITheman »

how cheap could you build a test engine? i might be willing to pay for the engine for you guys to test and that way i'd have a spare beater engine when you guys were done.

cannondale27

#82 Post by cannondale27 »

Wistech lets just power up a head.Would need to get 6000rpm out of it with a good oil supply.

wistech

#83 Post by wistech »

Originally posted by GDITheman
how cheap could you build a test engine? i might be willing to pay for the engine for you guys to test and that way i'd have a spare beater engine when you guys were done.

Or you could end up with a motor that drops a valve , bends the crank/rod ,cracks the case , and ruins the head. Are you willing to take that chance? Ive got enough parts to play with so its no big deal but for others it might be .

With that said you want to shoot for a 55 horse stocker?

smile.gif

dalewannbe

#84 Post by dalewannbe »

Originally posted by wistech
Im building a couple easy view cam covers so removal wont be needed to check out the lobes. If they work the cams can be checked every couple hours.  I can whip up a test engine if nobody wants to risk sacrificing a engine full of pricy parts and good cases.

I'd probably take one of your test engines too, seems like your taking all these used parts and making some major hp with them.

biggrin.gif

Exodus

#85 Post by Exodus »

Thats a heck of a good idea. Set up a head with some type of electric motor, then you can see the valve train as it works and how it wears. Besides, that would eliminate the chance of trashing a perfectly good bottom end.

CptHook

#86 Post by CptHook »

Originally posted by cwr greg
i just looked at my invoices. and it seems i havent been paid for cams , cams in heads, some springs . way back since 11-04.
2004! boy am i stupid for letting it go on so long. it looks at least 10 or more sets out there. i have very little clue as to who they went too.but im starting to see who now.

i guess the best thing to do is try. i know. try to get ahold of doug . since hes the one who took your money. but send the cams and springs to me.
i will see what i can try to do. but im at a loss just like you too.

im going to go and count as to how many went thru doug.

greg

So I guess its probably a stupid question to ask if I will be reimbursed for shipping costs? I really dont care about the $$$ for the valves and springs since I will be keeping the valves, just putting stock springs back in I guess according to Tim, but Im not looking forward to paying the $100+ for shipping it both ways. Im hoping to have this thing back together and running by the 3rd week of February since I was looking at doing some ice racing then.

cannondale27

#87 Post by cannondale27 »

If your just changing the springs you could probably get it done locally.With a little inginuety it could be done without even removing the head.

wistech

Easy view cam covers ...check

#88 Post by wistech »

Just need a new cam to watch. Ive got a varaible speed strobe we could watch the cams in action with. smile.gif

Should have a couple prototypes done by this weekend ready to bolt on. The view should be amazing. Your going to see oil flying around in there like you wouldnt believe.

wistech

#89 Post by wistech »

You could set up little wear indicator pointer even.

fig

#90 Post by fig »

You guys are amazing. Next week clear side case covers:head:

Good job:cheers: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: