Cwr Cams

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
GDITheman

#111 Post by GDITheman »

thanks for the update.

cwr greg

#112 Post by cwr greg »

after talking to happy yesterday about the springs. i went and looked at some i have on the shelf. new. some do lean. i have a set for the yzf450. the one exhaust leaned but none others. i looked at a mojave spring kit. 3 of them lean. i looked at a rd spring kit for the 660 and v force. only 1 leaned for the v force. but all rd springs stood strait. a little straiter then the kibbles.

when i got the kibble valves and springs i was under the impression of sold as is. no warranty for this stuff. but after hearing about the spring warranty maybe i can send them back.

but the wrong spring choice was my error. not kibbles

if the test on the harded cams work then i need to make them harder from the start. if theres still interest

greg

cannondale27

#113 Post by cannondale27 »

I guess my point here is that if a valvespring is crooked it is not supposed to go in a motor.The manual even has a spec for this.Out of eight Kibblewhite springs I got 8 were crooked.Yet when I talked to those guys none of the springs on thier display were crooked at all.Greg I think this whole thing was a multiple factor mess.Not entirely your fault.Lot of things lead to the failure of these.Let us all know what Kibblewhite has to say.Guy we talked to was Mike Perry.

CptHook

#114 Post by CptHook »

steve, where did you get that engine service pdf?

Happyboy

#115 Post by Happyboy »

**** hook, where you been?

At the top of the page there is a link called DALE TECH, go there. Has lots of goodies.

cwr greg

#116 Post by cwr greg »

yep, mikes the man i talked to about the valves and springs.
i will give him a call on monday.

thanks
greg

cannondale440

#117 Post by cannondale440 »

All this talk makes me kinda happy I stuck with my old worn out valves and springs. My head is now on its second engine going strong, cams looked fine so I let it all go....see how long before I drop a valve.....can it make it another 300+ hrs? Got to say though I wish I had the porting... From most to if not all people on here, it sounds like porting is best thing you can do to create some HP.

wistech

#118 Post by wistech »

I know what you mean. It seems most every part of these engines is turning out to be a great design being brought down by poor quality control, bad parts,inacurate machining ,penny pinching and sometimes just dumb luck. Its great to get help from so many past engineers and suppliers . New info trickles out every month. And now that Dinli is out of the project maybe some more intel will be revealed.

CptHook

#119 Post by CptHook »

Originally posted by Happyboy
**** hook, where you been?

At the top of the page there is a link called DALE TECH, go there.  Has lots of goodies.

I know about that, but the engine SERVICE manual that he has pictured is not in there, Ive had all the others saved for a while.

cannondale27

#120 Post by cannondale27 »

Originally posted by CptHook
I know about that, but the engine SERVICE manual that he has pictured is not in there, Ive had all the others saved for a while.

PM me your email I will send you every manual I have.Free