Spun flywheels wanted.

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
claas900

#11 Post by claas900 »

..Alright,I'll send the flywheel out this week.
..John would you be interested in doing a few flywheels,and decomps for me? If not I know your swamped.
I have kind of a janky idea for the flywheels. Would it be possible to weld kind of like a large washer to the center hub, and then pin it to the aluminum way?

Derno24

#12 Post by Derno24 »

Wistech I'll be sending you one that is only 15hrs old and just spun. Fresh meat for the grinder!

wistech

#13 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Apr 21 2006, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
..Alright,I'll send the flywheel out this week.
..John would you be interested in doing a few flywheels,and decomps for me? If not I know your swamped.
I have kind of a janky idea for the flywheels. Would it be possible to weld kind of like a large washer to the center hub, and then pin it to the aluminum way?

I like that idea and want to try it out. I think the whole flywheel could be made out of steel . Are you guys that are spinning them consistantly doing a lot of holeshots where you use the clutch a lot. Ive never spun a flywheel and I only use the clutch for starting and stopping. And I dont do holeshots at all. Now cdale55 is a madman at holeshots and he literally tears the pinned flywheels apart with his stroker motors. Never sheared a flywheel key yet though.

Idahocannibal

#14 Post by Idahocannibal »

QUOTE (wistech @ Apr 21 2006, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like that idea and want to try it out. I think the whole flywheel could be made out of steel . Are you guys that are spinning them consistantly doing a lot of holeshots where you use the clutch a lot. Ive never spun a flywheel and I only use the clutch for starting and stopping. And I dont do holeshots at all. Now cdale55 is a madman at holeshots and he literally tears the pinned flywheels apart with his stroker motors. Never sheared a flywheel key yet though.

I spun 2 last year at the dunes, I think it happened when I was climbing and would downshift. The second time it spun about an 1/8in and the pins were still in place. unsure.gif

speed2424

#15 Post by speed2424 »

Sorry, John, I can't get the one I talked about