crank seal

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
Happyboy

#11 Post by Happyboy »

dang, sorry to hear that...

mike justice

#12 Post by mike justice »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Dec 18 2006, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dang, sorry to hear that...

I`m hunting a case,hope wife doesn`t hear me typing,in the mean time maybe jb weld,you know JUSTICE BROS. wacko.gif

wistech

#13 Post by wistech »

Id use silicone. JB will crack when the case flexes and it has no where near the strength to hold it together.

mike justice

#14 Post by mike justice »

QUOTE (wistech @ Dec 19 2006, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Id use silicone. JB will crack when the case flexes and it has no where near the strength to hold it together.

Does JUSTICE BROS. make silicone sealer? Just kidding,i do worry about the bearing housing area,almost brand new timbo stroker,i`m slugging it out with timbo on ebay for a case rt now.I think he wants it pretty bad.I wonder if the wife wants a new case for christmas? NOT!!!!!!!!! wacko.gif

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Alot of the cases have a big steel donut molded into the case around the bearing.You cant see it but if you take a magnet on aluminum you will know.I would silicone it and run it since most strength is from that steel donut.Check with magnet to see if yours has one.I bet it does.

mike justice

#16 Post by mike justice »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 20 2006, 07:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alot of the cases have a big steel donut molded into the case around the bearing.You cant see it but if you take a magnet on aluminum you will know.I would silicone it and run it since most strength is from that steel donut.Check with magnet to see if yours has one.I bet it does.

I`ll check on that,bad time to buy case at christmas.THANKS for the help,should have found crack,i could see it really good with 5 psi air pressure,THANKS to all and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haydug

#17 Post by haydug »

I got a perfect low hour case here for sale Mike, call me.

dvrack

#18 Post by dvrack »

Couldn't it be welded?

wistech

#19 Post by wistech »

I actually did weld one there that had a small hairline crack there. No dice . It cracked right away. If I do one like that again it will get a half inch of extra weld on the outside under the stator. I dont have issues welding non structural areas but that part is taking a heck of a lot of load .