Are injectors from the new quads compatible with a Dale?

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
GDITheman

#1 Post by GDITheman »

Are injectors from the new quads compatible with a Dale? Just wondered if the Kawi had some interchangeable injectors or not. Sounds like the Suzuki is falling short on fuel when modded. Anything from any of the 4X4 EFI quads that might work?

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (GDITheman @ May 1 2007, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are injectors from the new quads compatible with a Dale? Just wondered if the Kawi had some interchangeable injectors or not. Sounds like the Suzuki is falling short on fuel when modded. Anything from any of the 4X4 EFI quads that might work?

Actually You dont need "quad " specific injectors. Any injector that fits in the hole and has the same resistance and flowrate will work. And pretty much most injectors can be made to fit . I installed some car injectors that were twice as long as the stockers but the radiator had to be moved forward. The flowrate was wrong so I went back to the harley ones. Since we use 2 injectors instead of 1 per cyllinder its hard to find a match from anything out there. The next ones I buy are going to be 24pound car injectors for about $30 each instead of the rediculous price the harleys are going for.

GDITheman

#3 Post by GDITheman »

I was guessing that maybe the quad injectors might be closer in flowrate to what we need instead of messing with HD injectors or car injectors. I was curious if there was a closer match out there some where since it's more common in quads now. Maybe Raptor 700 injectors?

Speed 1B

#4 Post by Speed 1B »

Raptor would prolly be way off. They only use 1 injector for a 686cc motor. We would have to use 2 of them...sounds like way too much fuel. I dont know of any new fuel injected bikes using 2 injectors.

wayneschofield

#5 Post by wayneschofield »

Don't forget that our injectors spray at about 15 degrees off the centreline of the injector in the direction of the connector.....

This is so the fuel goes nicely down the port rather than onto the port wall as it first appears it would....

If you look at the injector tip the holes are offset....

Bosch motorsport do some short-body (EV6 style) ones with offsets but they are a bit big with respect to flowrate really.....

I think one of the Peugeot's has some similar to ours, I'll try and find out more about fitments and flowrates....

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

There is a chart somewhere of all the Weber Pico style injectors made.Need to find that again.Here is Pic of stock injector spraypattern.Courtesy of Wistech.
[attachment=3747:injector..._spray_a.jpg]

azcannon

#7 Post by azcannon »

what about the spray pattern on the harley injectors ? how do they work well if the spray pattern is right at the throttle wall instead of the base of the valve ?

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

I think so much air is flowing it really doesnt matter much.Thing is they make Harley style injectors with the angled pattern but I never got around to locating them.Was hoping someone else would do that.Look at how finely atomized the fuel is.No carb has any hope of that.
Here is chart.These are exact same as Harley injectors so the porting is better than stock also.Who knows maybe the angle might be more hp or response.Worth trying for sure.
http://www.mmcompsys.com/download_zone/4_f...co_spray_01.pdf
[attachment=3749:Pico_Inj...art____s.jpg]

wayneschofield

#9 Post by wayneschofield »