Decompression Mech Wieghts are coming!!

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
quadprorider

#31 Post by quadprorider »

Happy..........I sent you my 11.00, be sure the site gets that dollar and it doesn't end up in ypur pocket:w: Thanks again

Happyboy

#32 Post by Happyboy »

thanks guys. And on the deposit the dollar doesn't really matter a whole lot...once I get a final price made up we will tack on for doug.

cannondale27

#33 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats awesome!I already sent Doug my $2.Doesnt seem like much but a little here little there adds up.

Blazinmoto

#34 Post by Blazinmoto »

If I'm not too late I will take one. Let me know and I will send payment, thanx alot!:clap:

Braff1

#35 Post by Braff1 »

sorry if I sound stupid here but how does this weight mount to the decompression mech. I haven't been iside the valve train so I am not familiar to what everything looks like.

Happyboy

#36 Post by Happyboy »

No its not too late. I will set a qty for the shop to make on monday or tuesday. So up until then we can keep adding them up.

This mechanism is not very easy to change out. We have to remove the timing gear from the cam, remove the bearing, bearing race thingy on the cam, then drill out the edge of the cam that is holding the backing plate on. Then drill out the pin that is holding on the weight. Remove the weight. Then get a new pin and fit the pin and weight so you don't have too much play. Then put it all back together. FUN STUFF!!

wistech

#37 Post by wistech »

I would say for those who have never repaired stuff that was never meant to be repaired , they will find changing the wieghts a nightmare frought with pain and suffering. Thats where I come in. Ive got tools to make tools.:hammer:

By the way we need a smily face with a torch .

Happyboy

#38 Post by Happyboy »

Yeah, its not too bad if you have the tools. I will say I didn't want to touch the things until I decided to get them made. I have now torn 2 assemblies off and only have gone through 4 grinding bits, 2 drill bits and 1 cutoff wheel. Please don't ask the details. smile.gif

Oh, and both assemblies look VONDERFULL!!! Perfect for testing the little weights as they come off the assembly line. Jon has this down to an art and is very fair when it comes to fees.

John, how many do you think you want for your own collection?

cannondale27

#39 Post by cannondale27 »

I will third that very scary the first time grinding notch in camshaft then guessing drill bit size and depth to go to get rivet out without wreaking the backing plate.I think it was 3/16 but forgot to note it since I dont want to do it again.

wistech

#40 Post by wistech »

Well Happy you better put me down for 2 ,ya know for destructive testing:hammer: