Decompression Mech Wieghts are coming!!

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cannondale27

#81 Post by cannondale27 »

Yup better to do it right than hurry.Kind of expected this.

Happyboy

#82 Post by Happyboy »

Well, step 1 is complete. They have made it through the laser cutting and are ready for CNC. I am hoping that the CNC guy will get on them tommorrow for testing and maybe have a good run done in the next week or so. These just keep getting run in and out of the schedual so they are taking forever. Good thing, if all goes as planned with this batch and everyone is happy they can whip more out in a very short amount of time and costs would go down. Gotta love R&D.

Oh yeah, since they changed how they were cutting them out we now have enough material to run another 200-300 if we want. smile.gif

bombsquad54

#83 Post by bombsquad54 »

hurry up sean, lol just kidding, wait. . . i dont have a dale anymore! :cry: :cry: but theres another in the making.

cdrider02

#84 Post by cdrider02 »

Like 27 said, better right than fast. Thank's for the update.

Happyboy

#85 Post by Happyboy »

lol@3 weeks!! Well, guess what I have in my hand? Oof, that didn't sound right. They are pretty much done!! I am sending out a few samples to people in the R&D side for examination and feedback. After we get any revisions made these will be ready to ship out.

One item that we are noticing already is the variation in pin size. So, these pivot holes are being made at .234 and will probobly need to me taken out just a little with some of the pins. Better than making it a thousandth too large for some of the pins. I will post a pic tonight and an update next week after the R&D group gets a look at it.

Started on 02-21-2005....I must have mis-spoke, 3 weeks....errr....3 months. But, at least they are done.

cannondale27

#86 Post by cannondale27 »

Good job!It is something how long some of this stuff can take.Makes me appreciate what the factory did in such little time.Can you imagine every little part in our motors!Getting anything made from scratch is a big accomplishment:clap:

Happyboy

#87 Post by Happyboy »

ACtually, its pretty easy to get things done fast....lots of money!! err....credit!!

fig

#88 Post by fig »

I know it's been said before, THANKS to the R&D guys for helping out every Cannondale owner with your time and effort. Parts like these will help keep our toys together a lot longer.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

cannondale27

#89 Post by cannondale27 »

Well unfortunatly I have my motor apart again.Good news is the billet weight and guard seem to be working just fine although some slop has occured in weight.I would say I have about 30 gallons of gas through it since install.

claas900

#90 Post by claas900 »

..why do you have your motor out this time?..O and i was talking about later cams,unless i have 2 sets of fx cams and dont know it. There from an 03 Speed so i dought there fx's..